Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mead, Magic & Swords, LFP, D&D 5e, Mon or Thu between 8:15-11:59pm (EST)

Dan DiPietro
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Playing Mondays OR Thursdays depending your availability 8:15pm EST-11:59pm EST (earliest - latest). We've been playing for almost a year and two players had to drop out due to school. We are looking for two replacements. This is a 5e campaign with 20 chapters and multiple side trek adventures in between. This campaign will have air ships, dungeon crawls, politics, player decision points, exploration and plenty of epic battle scenes. If I had to put percentages to it, I would say the campaign is 10% social, 20% exploration and 70% combat. Leveling/experience will be done by major chapters points. We currently have a Warlock and Paladin. So here are some of the basics about my DM style and custom campaign- I've done all the writing and I have illustrated about 50% of the maps. Each chapter offers a little more information about the overall plot so it unfolds slowly. As you get to a new chapters PCs are presented with new problems from that region and NPCs that you have to make decisions about their motives. Occasionally, you have to decide who lives and who dies, or, alternatively, if you help one side of a conflict, you may have inadvertently helped a different side. Or, if you didn't help someone, would they help you in chapters down the line? Some effects are immediate, some subtle and some will be seen in the future. I like emotion to be brought into the story when you realize you didn't do something that would have helped in the future. I also like to add in exciting elements to battle, whether it be a pit of spikes, fire, heights, thin or rickety bridge, lightning rail train speeding on its path, cliff face, etc. Anything that adds to the drama of combat, but is realistic to the situation. As a DM I try to be as creative as possible and give PCs their opportunity to create both content and interesting actions. I allow players to make decisions and not try to influence them, except through the scenario with the information that's been presented to them. I try my best not to overwhelm a party, but if someone slaps a dragon, they will suffer the consequences. I really try to make each NPC unique. I don't always know ALL the subtleties of the rules or spell nuances, but collectively we all have the knowledge. We've had a ton of fun so far. Basically, though, my DMing is like an hourglass. You are fed a few adventure hooks to go off of and then I let you explore. All roads generally somehow lead to the main point of the chapters which then gets funneled into a new set of adventure hooks. Occasionally I have to push the players into a specific area, but ultimately, if players wanted to explore somewhere else, I just need a week to create the content. I have largely used the standard Eberron deities and history. I have not changed anything except for some behind the scenes stuff to fit my story line in the greater scheme of the multiverse. The plan is to continue all the way to level 20 in which it will reveal the pinnacle of the story. The basic overview of the story- The PCs started in Breland and were initially hired to find out if one of the other kingdom's (Karrnath) was planning an attack on them. They met a few NPCs along the way and eventually got side tracked after a major event on an airship went horribly wrong. During their travels, they encountered a disease/poison substance that has been turning entire towns into undead monstrosities. The PCs have found it's happening all across Khorvaire. In the last chapter, the PCs found a portal in combination with the disease and there is a demon connection as well which they haven't uncovered what that means. An NPC named Maelstrom learned from his order of another demon portal, and his suspicion is that there are 2 more after they find this one. Currently, new PCs will enter in the Shadow Marches. Players as assistant DMs- The whole idea is that 95% of the time I am the DM, but I can't be 100% of the time and I expect players to recognize that I am a human with a job and a life that can get in the way, too. Once, I was away on military training and I didn't want to lug all of my books and be responsible for creating content while I was in limbo so I had someone DM a side trek for a month. Earlier this summer, someone was leaving on vacation for a month, so one of the players did a month long side trek until we were able to come back together as a group. If there is a loose end to an adventure hook that someone wanted to do, I would be more than happy to let them explore their own DM talents and create it, or if they wanted, I would need a week or two to create it myself. In a dream like hope, eventually, when my campaign is done, I would love to continue playing with the same group on some adventure ideas that they wanted to explore.
Sounds great, I would love to talk with you about joining.  I usually run with a Ranger, or Sorcerer, but I'm also open to trying other classes. I do have a few questions though. Like how long do your games run, etc.
Dan DiPietro
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Feel free to email me your questions. We play from 8:15ish to 11:30 depending on content but are always done by midnight. Here's some more info. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/18704/the-war-t" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/18704/the-war-t</a>...