A 13 th Age Game I’m currently recruiting players for a modified 13 th Age game I’m putting together, hopefully on Monday or Wednesday afternoon or nights. Originally inspired by a JRPG known as Trails in the Sky, the intention is to make a game that evokes a similar to feel to any number of JRPGs, such as the Valkyria Chronicles, Tales series, the Etrian Odyssey series, Final Fantasy, or perhaps something more obscure. As such, it will be a game with a mixture of light-heartedness, but also darker themes; the intention is to make a continent-spanning epic adventure concerning the fate of a lone nation’s struggle to gain recognition in the world, as well as the first generation of heroes that come to guide them in the future, starting from their school days at the Corinth Military Academy. Setting-wise, the game is also intended to go more in the direction of something more modern, technologically, than traditional tabletops and RPGs, something more akin to the 1950’s with firearms, phones and newspapers, and cars and planes being available (yes, I promise you that you will drive a tank at some point.) I’ll be honest, this is a bit of an ambitious game for me, since the only games I have DMed recently have been more light-hearted, silly romps. I have been playing tabletops for a good 10 years now, but while many of such games have included in-depth setting creations on my end, I have not done much serious DMing over the years. Because this is also my first time DMing on Roll20, there will be a bit of a learning curve, of which I apologize for. The hope is that I will find players who will be willing to run with whatever seeds have been planted, whether that is shaping the world or creating character stories that will be memorable for everyone involved, including me. I tend to be pretty flexible in terms of letting people do what they want, whether that is coming up with new stunts or writing in contacts and things that just “make sense” for their character. If I pride myself on one thing, I pride myself on being able to improvise on the fly and I welcome players who challenge me on that aspect. In terms of combat vs story, I tend to lean more towards story, especially in online gaming as combat slows down a bit without people being in person. Above that, however, is the player’s fun; I am willing to try and switch styles if the players want to do something else. I strongly urge players to speak up if they have any concerns or would like to see something in the game. That said, it goes without saying that this is not a power-trip kind of game; I do not personally mind powerful characters, but it should not be your first priority. If you are new to 13 th Age : 13 th Age is very easy to learn if you are already familiar with at least one d20 system (any D&D system or Pathfinder or any other d20 system). Even if you are not, I am willing to teach you as well. Additional Details: - Again, the time I am looking for is to run on Monday or Wednesday afternoon or nights, with time to be determined based on what works for people. -This will be a text-based game , not voice-based, although I am considering opening up voice for OOC. -This is not a first come, first serve game. I’ll wait around to see what pops up before deciding on players. At minimum, I’ll wait around a week. -My Skype is AncientSpark if you have any questions. -If you are interested and/or want more information, see the game thread.&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/31122/void-nation-rising" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/31122/void-nation-rising</a>. Note, there is a lot of reading.