Totally new player to D&D, picked up all the books and made my character sheet- looking to get started with a group of folks who are patient enough to explain things when I need them explained (I learn fast though, so it shouldn't be too frequent). Open to play games any time Friday evening (approximately 5pm onward) to Sunday evening. Here's my character: Name: Cerin Tealeaf [Pronounced "Sair-in"], Lightfoot Halfling. History: Dropped off at the foot of a monk's monastery when he was just a baby, Cerin Tealeaf led a life of solitude and meditation. At a young age, it was apparent this halfling was particularly special. During his training, even when under extreme duress, he retained an air of supreme serenity; able to keep his calm when everything seemed to be going wrong. At 25 he was selected by his master to go on a journey to the wilderness, wherein he was instructed to remain meditating until he discovered a deep truth. Cerin spent 10 years as a hermit meditating within a small, though comfortable, shack deep within the mountains. His skills of observation were honed to a fine edge, and his combat skills also flourished against a training dummy (his only companion). The tattoos that cover his body are his only armor, his fists and staff his only weapons. After 10 long years a deep and disturbing vision fell upon him, and compelled him to return to the world at large in order to understand it and achieve enlightenment. Cerin Tealeaf is Chaotic Good. Having grown up alone, Cerin has his own set of laws and standards, and tends to let those guide him over the constructs of others who might be otherwise influenced by greed/self-interest. My character sheet is all filled out and ready to rock- just need some help learning the ropes and getting some sweet experience to level up!