North of Nexus, Eastern Threshold Riverlands Village, Ilmhan 20th Moon of  Resplendent Wood , Jupiter's Day, 768 R elaxing, he looked up at the wooden ceiling, laying back on the first bed he'd laid on in weeks, unharassed. He stretched out, bringing his hands behind his head as the sound of bare feet approached his door. Smiling wide, the once-dynast shifted to look towards the door. He wasn't expecting company, but he had left the innkeeper a message to send any fine women in need of company to his room tonight. He had the energy to spare. It was the extra set of boots that caught his attention, however. The slight jingle of armor, the telltale sound of jade against jade. The bed bowed under the sudden shift in weight, creaking in defiance. As the doors burst open, his hand grabbed ahold of the side of the bed, rolling in the opposite direction as he slammed his feet down onto the wooden floor underneath. The bed came up with his hand, letting go once he had his feet on the floor, letting the frame, mattress and all fly towards the intruders. What he would have given to see the faces of the Lookshy Egg, and his two Linowan screamers. Alas, he could not, as the floor groaned in protest of the man standing on it, splinters flying into the air as he smiled, his hand was the last thing they saw as the grimcleaver split the bed in two, waving goodbye, and grabbing hold of the strap of his pack, dragging it down to the floor below. The screams of the bar patrons and clatter of dishes announced his arrival on the first floor. He landed on a table – or what once could be called a table. It was now naught but fragments, scattered in the crater of his landing, the ground floor buckling and snapping under the near ton that had just dropped on it from the second floor. He looked up as three faces peered over the edge of the hole, surveying the damage he had caused. A dumb grin crossed his face as he fished out a bag of obols, tossing it towards the barkeep, “Keep the change!” he shouted, before bolting for the doors. Thrice as fast as the average man, he threw the doors clear off their hinges as he hit the street, deep gouge marks where his feet connected with the dirt path, a cloud of dust tossed up around him. That cloud, he figured, in the moments following, might have been what kept him alive, he reflected later. Five haslanti crossbows were loosed into that cloud when he came to a stop. All five collided in the center of that cloud, head to head, whilst to the intended victim, it was merely a stepping stone to get behind the men who fired upon him. He rolled to his feet, slinging his pack over his shoulder, and shaking his head to free his hair from behind the back and to shift the bangs out of his eyes. As he looked ahead of him, the jade-bound man and his two screamers had used the distraction to cut him off. He lilted his head and rolled his eyes, “Seriously. Don't you have better things to do with your time, than chase down a vagrant?” The soldier sneered as he tightened his grip on the jade axe in his hand, “Silence, Anathema. You are wanted for the damage you've caused. Thirty talents worth, in four villages. Plus, you've been scamming men out of their hard earned jade.” One of the Linowan men held up an arm, as if to show off what he was referring to. “He's fine. I broke it, yeah. Then I fixed it. He shouldn't picked a fight with me. Or those three other walls.” The demon shrugged, the sarcasm in his voice palpable, “Besides, I'm a man of the cloth – I can't just pass by a man in need. Even if I put him there. What's wrong with getting a bit of co-” “Shut your mouth, demon,” the soldier snapped, rushing forward, “I will hear no more of your poison! ” The first blow was high, and the demon ducked low, a half-smirk forming on his lips, showing off one of his canines as he felt the air of the weapon pass over him. Once free of the arm, he sprang back, flipping to land on one of the shoulders of the crossbowmen. Twisting, his foot connected with the man's back, sending him sprawling towards his commander, as the others quickly attempted to reload their weapons for a second volley. Landing, he still kept one hand on the strap of his pack, holding it firmly as not to lose it. He chuckled, unconcerned by the archers around him. His stance was odd – open, as though he dared the commander to strike him again, “Fine, fine. Would you hear it, if it came from the mouth of Iselsi Era-” Cutting off the demon, the commander rushed forward again, “I have heard of your treachery. That you stole the body of a promising young dynast from the Realm.” Pulling a second axe from his waist, the Dragonblooded made two swings, leaving no room for the demon to dodge out of this time, one high, one low, “I will let no grudge between myself and the Realm deny a father the burial of his son!” Rather than avoiding the blow, he shifted, his hand pulling the back into the way of the blow, as he jumped back, landing on the shoulders of one of the archers, as he flipped backwards of him. The others trailed his movements, unleashing a second volley of bolts, each slicing through the air as his form disappeared. It was a strange contrast, the archer noted – he had seen the damage the demon's very steps had done to Creation, herself, but when it came into contact with his shoulder, the man was light as a feather – less than that even. It was like he wasn't there. He narrowed his eyes, scanned, before lifting the bow to aim at the captain. When dealing with Anathema, there was no chances to be taken. His finger squeezed the trigger, sure that the man had never left the- “Hells, man! What do you think you're doing?!” The captain's hand was on the end of the crossbow as it fired, pointing it up and away from them. “Has the demon gotten into you as well?” He sneered, yanking the weapon away from the archer's grasp. Looking at it, he tossed it to the ground. He pulled off his helmet, letting his black hair flow free. “M-my apologies, Captain Verretto. I thought that he was still... well, you know.” “Still what, man? Among us?” He shook his head and checked the articulation on his battle armor, making sure that the ancient magic still kept it smooth and free flowing. That it was still as good as it was when it was made 2000 years earlier. He sighed and shook his head, “Gods, no, he is gone. Quite the vanishing trick he pulled of-.” The end of the sentence was cut short as the man reappeared, gripping the captain by the back of his armor, “I don't appreciate being ignored, Captain Verretto.” He growled, his eyes narrowed. In later accounts, the men swore to feeling gravity lose it's hold on Creation in that instant. Violently, he yanked the captain away, over his shoulder, casting him aside like a small toy. A small toy that treated a stone wall as though it were rice paper. The motionless body of the captain disappeared into the side of a nearby building, as the demon shifted, his speed impossible to follow, as he moved from one man to the next. Each one cast away as though they were weightless, disappearing into buildings via walls, windows and doors burst off their frames, or slamming through nearby market stalls, before grabbing one of the Linowan screamers. He twisted, bringing him overhead to crash into the dirt pathway. The impact audibly shattering bones, as he ensured that the man lived up to his title. He screamed. Oh, did he scream. The howls were like music for the former Dynast, as he stalked towards his last victim – the last hunter who would learn better, “I thought I taught you this lesson last time...” He bared his teeth at the screamer, who yelled something incoherent, brandishing his own axe. Shaking his head, he sighed, “You,” his hand grabbed the Linowa's wrist mid-swing, the force of the demon's grip causing him to drop the weapon, “do,” he twisted the man's arm, watching the look of fear turn to pain, his face contorting as the arm was bent further and further, “not,” His other hand was now slapping the back of the demon's wrist, his hand likely stinging from the times it made contact with jade and brass of the beautifully crafted smashfists he wore, “ learn! ” The satisfying snap, and spray of blood was the signal to let go. The limb dropped to ground as the man was left in a mixture of sobbing, begging the man for mercy, and trying to fight back the pain of his lost limb. “No. I will not fix it for coin this time, my friend.” The demon called over his shoulder as he walked towards where his pack was. Slinging it over his shoulder once more, he surveyed what was left of the village, of the people hiding behind doors, or holes in walls, tending to the men who had been but insects before this boar. He shook his head, and began his trek towards the northern gates.