Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Limit Token Movement Based On Character Sheet Specs

What I would like to see from roll 20 is more support for turn based play regarding player movement. As of now, dynamic lighting isn't very good because a player can "cheat" in a sense and reveal areas outside of the player's movement easily either by mistake or intentionally. You could argue that you can use dynamic lighting in conjunction with fog of war but that adds another layer of things that slows down the game every time someone moves. The current movement restriction only blocks players from going through walls or obstacles and still lets players exceed their movement and "update only on drag and drop" doesn't prevent this either.   A good way to implement this would be to tie it along with the initiative tracker and let the GM control the turn order/turn ends.  
Along with this, it would be cool when a player or token is activated to show an aura or highlight the grid squares they can reach with their regular movement or run movement. In a game without grids, that uses measurement, such as the Iron Kingdoms RPG, this could be really useful for showing distances at a glance.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I like this idea as it would work perfectly for asynchronous text games I run on roll20. Jeremy R. said: Along with this, it would be cool when a player or token is activated to show an aura or highlight the grid squares they can reach with their regular movement or run movement. In a game without grids, that uses measurement, such as the Iron Kingdoms RPG, this could be really useful for showing distances at a glance. There is an API script that functions in a manner that you mention. I forget what it is called but you could as in the API forums about it.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .