Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Can't get back to list of journal items in iOS app (not browser)

There were a bunch of people that viewed my last post and one person who's experiencing the same issue, but no one has offered a solution or told me I'm missing something obvious, so I'll make the problem more obvious in the title and break it down to a single question at the end of my posting: Once I've selected an item (say, my character sheet) in the journal using the iOS app on the iPad, I can't get back to the listing of items to look at a handout.  I've tried tapping all over the screen and changing between the "tabs".  I've tried multi-finger gestures, including a single-finger salute to the screen. How is a user supposed to get back to the journal once you've committed to viewing a journal entry without forcing the app closed and reopening it?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What tablet are you on? There is a three lined handle in the upper left hand corner that pulls out the menu of characters and handouts for the game. It lets you browse between journal items. To get back to the campaign screen, go to the Settings tab from the bar at the bottom of the screen. There is a button to "Change Campaign."
Using an iPad.  The three-lined handle is there when I first log in, but it disappears when I select and view anything in the journal - doesn't matter if it's in portrait or landscape orientation.  If I change campaigns, it "resets" and I can see the handle and all of the journal items again.  Also, if you select that 3-lined handle without selecting anything from the journal, the sidebar disappears with nothing appearing on the screen and you can't get the list back.

Edited 1444755375
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Timm, that's not the behavior we're seeing on the iPad. What iPad are you using and what iOS version?
iPad 3, iOS 6.1.2 (not a fan of any of the "flat" looking versions that started with 7)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Which version of the App are you using. It's in the settings tab.
Version: 1.1.0
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
My guess is that it's due to the old version of iOS you're using as the devices we're testing on are more up to date. We'll do some work and set up an old version of the OS to research.