After a teleportation mishap, Malak and Elaryan find themselves separated in the twisting tunnels of the Nahyndrian crystal mine. Each is attacked by a carnivorous crystal. Malak makes short work of the one attacking him and begins to search for this companion. By the time he finds the sorcerer, it is too late-- Elaryan has been transformed into a statue of solid crystal. Malak uses his wild aracana ability to transform his friend back to flesh, then uses dimension door to return to the central chamber where Nor is waiting. The halfling heals Elaryan, then asks once more for the party's help in rescuing Lor. Nor has developed a plan: first, he will use greater scrying to find Lor's location. Then, Elaryan can use greater teleport to transport the party there. Malak and Elaryan agree to the plan, as long as it does not distract the party from their current quest for too long. Nor's scrying is successful, and he determines that Nor has indeed been captured by the Cyth-V'sug, Prince of the Blasted Heath. The ghoran halfling has been grafted to the Demon Lord's body, and it is unclear whether he is alive or dead. Cyth-V'sug detects Nor's scrying, and extends a silent invitation. Nor, Malak, and Elaryan teleport to Jeharlu and negotiate with Cyth-V'sug. The Demon Lord tells them the story of his son, Treerazer. Shortly after being ascended to a nascent Demon Lord, Treerazer attempted to usurp Cyth-V'sug's position. He was unsuccessful yet survived, fleeing to the Prime Material Plane. For years, Treerazer hid in his portable fortress Witchbole, deep in the wildlands west of Anestral. The opening of the Hellmoth attracted him to Anestral City, however, for he hoped that the Abyssal energies would increase his power enough for a rematch with his father. Currently, Witchbole rests at the bottom of the massive pit created by the Hellmouth. While there are no longer any Abyssal energies to feed upon, Treerazer continues to corrupt the local vegetation. It is his influence that has caused the poisonous spore clouds in Anestral City's ruins, and which converts the city's inhabitants to vegetal zombies. Cyth-V'sug offers to return Lor to the party, if they will agree to defeat Treerazer. He offers several alternatives as to how this can be accomplished. First, the party could actually slay Treerazer-- the nascent Demon Lord is powerful, but his death would be permanent since he has been cut off from the Abyss. Alternatively, the party could steal Treerazer's axe Blackaxe, and use it to destroy Witchbole. Finally, the party could slay the "Moldering Emperor" at Witchbole's heart, which will both end the fungal corruption and cause Treerazer to retreat from the city. The party agrees at least end the corruption, even if they are unable to completely destroy Treerazer or Witchbole. Satisfied, Cyth-V'sug returns Lor to them. The party teleports back to the Nahyndrian mine. As soon as they appear in the cavern they are attacked, first by two fiendish minotaurs and then by Hepzamirah herself. The minotaur minions are not particularly powerful, but the party finds themselves constantly harried by Hepzamirah's mythic blade barriers and other spells. At first, the heroes are in complete disarray, but eventually Xhotl and Malak charge forward to do melee with the daughter of Baphomet. Xhotl is slain, but Malak manages to land a might blow with Stormbringer . Hepzamirah falls... Suddenly, Hepzamirah's body rips open, collapsing in a shower of corruption as the smoking, ghostly image of a towering horned demon spills up from her rapidly decaying remains. This is no mere sending from Baphomet-- this is a projection of the actual Demon Lord! Baphomet roars as he emerges from the ruins of his daughter’s remains, and as he does so, his booming telepathic voice fills the heroes' minds, giving them the following message. "Mortal worms! You have destroyed my daughter. But even in her failure, she proved of use to me, for while you toyed with her, I took from your mewling patron one of her own! Know, fools, that none of those you value are safe from me. Even your goddess Iomedae knows my wrath, for I have claimed her herald as my latest plaything, stolen from her as you whiled your time away in the Midnight Isles. And now, I do the same to you! When I am done with you, your bones shall join those of millions more within the walls of my Ivory Labyrinth!" As the Lord of Minotaurs begins to take awful, physical form, the party hesitates. They barely defeated Hepzamirah, and are still wounded and exhausted. Yet as Baphomet approaches, another form appears: that of Nocticula! The Lady in Shadows strikes at Baphomet, peeling his flesh from his bones. She cries out: "No, Lor d of Slain Daughters! This is my realm, and these are my guests. You are the intruder here, and your bones shall decorate my palace walls if you choose to remain!" Baphomet quickly flees back to his own realm, leaving Nocticula to congratulate the heroes on their success. She confirms that she will no longer allow the minions of Baphomet or Deskari to harvest the Nahydrian crystals, and offers to transport all of the party except Elaryan back to Anestral City. Elaryan will remain in the Midnight Isles as her consort. Nor and Malak plead with Nocticula to release their friend, even though Elaryan himself seems completely submissive to the Demon Lady's charms. Nocticula grudgingly agrees to break the bond, and to return all the party to the Prime Material Plane. With a flourish, she removes Elaryan's soul rune from her wing. Elaryan screams out in pain and loss, then falls to the ground. Moments later, the companions find themselves back in the fungus-covered ruins of Anestral City. Everyone who played gains 60,000 XP. Defeating Hepzamirah is a mythic trial.