Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Can't access game due to large map

1446513659

Edited 1446557718
Hi, I am having a problem joining one of my games.  I have recently added a large map and while trying different large sizes the most recent of which was using a map and hex grid at a size that I suspect was too large. Because it was the last map that i was on in Roll20 it defaults to go to this map and I cannot get back in to edit the size and every time I go to join the game it "times out" and crashes the browser.  I have completed Steps 1-3 with no solution. Operating System - Windows NT 10.0 Web Browser - Chrome 46.0.2490.80 Javascript - Enabled Cookies - Enabled Flash Version - 19.0.-1 If you need anymore information let me know and any help with this issue would be appreciated. Daniel Dorton
1446516433

Edited 1446516538
Some potential fixes: If Chrome is displaying an "unresponsive script" error message or the like, try leaving that page open for several minutes; it may eventually load . Promote someone else to GM, and see if they are able to scale down or delete the problematic object. Manually delete the object from your library . Pass your game information along to a dev through a private message, and they can delete or scale down the object for you.
Thanks for the response! I deleted the object from my library but it is still crashing on the load screen. I suspect that it may also be failing due to trying to render the hexes in roll 20 but I can't go in and change the size of the page. Any suggestions on how to change the page size without joining the game?
1446521888

Edited 1446521997
Daniel D. said: Any suggestions on how to change the page size without joining the game? I don't know of a way to do this (after some testing); sorry. For what it's worth, I was able to fix a problematic page (on Firefox) after stopping the page from further loading (by answering an "unresponsive script" prompt), at which point I found the page toolbar was accessible. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Okay thanks again! I will try using Firefox instead of chrome.
I was able to use another browser to get in to change the size of the page.  Thanks for your help.
Glad to hear you were able to fix it. Thanks for helping out around here so much Silvyre.  If you have any more issues with this, just let us know and I'll do my best to help you out.