Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Archiving a Game

Score + 145
I would really like to have a simple convenience feature regarding the My Games page: I have a bunch of campaigns and one-shots I completed and I want to keep around in case I ever run them again, but most of the time they just clutter up my My Games page and the Games dropdown ribbon. So here is my suggestion: Implement an "Archive Game" feature similar to the existing Archive Page feature where I can temporarily send an entire game to an archive folder and easily retrieve it if I ever need it again in the future.
Simon, Great idea! Sometime I take two parties through the same dungeon, and I need a "clean" version that is not updated by one particular party's actions. I start with a "clean" one, copy it, and run the copy, sometimes under a slightly different name. If I had an archive type function, I could keep my inactive ones out of public view. -Falsoon
Good idea!
Thanks! Tell your friends! ;-)
I'm adding my voice to this suggestion. I'm starting to have quite a few finished campaigns in "My Games", and I don't feel like deleting all the work (handouts and characters). At the same time, keeping those games cluttering the list is kinda annoying. Archiving game would be very useful.
A great idea that I am finally able to upvote :)

Edited 1470418470
Balthichou, Here's a trick I learned about saving resources. I keep all my monsters (mooks) in a game I call Monster Vault, just like Character Vault. When I need monsters of any kind, I use the Transmogrifier to copy them into my current game. All monsters have the same ability. Its like having a digital roll20-enabled Monster Manual (in fact, that is the image I use on the game page.) If I need an NPC, I usually just update the mook for my particular needs in that game. Recently, I realized that I could do the same with Handouts and playlist from Jukebox. I plan on creating a "game" called General Resources, then move common items, like battles rules and inventory lists, into the game from the General Resource game. -Falsoon
When I upgraded from D&D4e to 5e, I created a copy of the game then swapped the character sheets.  I'd like to be able to archive the old game.
Great Idea.  I would love to see this.
I have a similar issue with games I'd like to keep around, but don't need in the active Games section. For example: I have a Curse of Strahd game (built from the ground up, before Roll20 released a digital version) that I had to put on hiatus, but that has a lot of excellent reworks (including Strahd himself), tokens, and battlemaps that I built that I'd rather keep in case I run it again, either with the old party or in a fresh game with a new party. As such, a Game Archive would be phenomenally useful in clearing up the active Games section. To Falsoon I thought about doing something similar with individual pieces of information like NPCs and Handouts (such as my Standard House Rules or something similar), but couldn't figure out how to do it. Kinda forgot about the Transmogrifier. Thanks for the tip! Might have to do just that! :)
On a similar note - I wish I had a way of keeping an *EXACT* template of a game so I can spawn games just like it. You would think copying the game would be enough, but it doesn't seem to preserve the VTT settings and some of the game settings. This would make popping up a one-shot from a well-prepared template so so smooth and nice.
Really good idea, I was surprised to find it didn't exist already. I'm glad I can upvote it, at least!
Yesssss i laso want thissss
Just adding my voice.  I would really like this feature!
I would love this feature! May even push me to finally grab the paid sub...
Being able to archive or assign games to different folders for organization would be an amazing feature. Please add this!
I'd like to +1 this. My games page is getting cluttered at this point!
I would l like it as well. Although with the original post being four years ago, I'm not holding my breath lol
Wow, it's been four years already. I would still love to have this feature, though. 
I think that would be a feature that most of DMs here could use. I wonder why Roll20 isn't still have something like this.
Asterfall - probably because of storage space considerations.  I, too, would very much like this feature for the same reasons.
Would love to have this as a feature!
I just finished my first big campaign and wanted to save the now inactive game in case I want to return to some trivia of it later. Was surprised there is no archive option. Definitely upvoting! 
This feature has been around for years--twelve years I think, but Roll20 has not implemented it. It has 71 upvotes. How many upvotes does an idea need to be implemented. I suspect that Roll20 does not want us to save old stuff on their website. It clutters the servers, as one patron suggested.
Perhaps then an 'Export' and 'Import' function for games?
I was also looking of a way to archive my games. So let's hope the DEVs will read this post soon!
+1!!!!
+1 I came to the forum to suggest exactly this.
As a GM who already has multiple pages of games either active and running or as a player, this would definitely help to archive at least all my BASE campaigns I use to just copy if needed... ^^
I would like this as well.
+1 to this! Would be so useful to clear the clutter.
+1 to this idea
+1 to this. The My Games section NEEDS more organizing/ability to archive/put into folders. 
+1 would really love this too! It's nice to be able to open and access old games, but I don't need them taking up room on my home screen (or my players' screens if they're still in other campaigns with me). We don't want to delete them either because sometimes we go back and do one-off adventures with old characters/campaign settings.
I have been wanting this for ages. Yes!