Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cancelled

Good morning, fellow player... today's game has been cancelled as a result of our second player not being able to attend due to the hours of the game.  Warhorn support has admitted to me their web site was never designed to support things like Aethercon, though they are working to address the problem.  This online convention has been very poorly handled -not that there's a great way to handle something this large, at this point- and despite my work to find more players, through social media, through talking to friends and family personally, through advertising here on Roll 20, no one has come forward.  It's sad, really, that Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder are really the only two games people will play, anymore.

Edited 1447617478
Hello... well, that is unfortunate, I would have liked to give The One Ring a try. I'd still be interested if you'd be willing to run the game at some other time. What exactly was the problem with Warhorn during the con? I've actually had quite good experiences with using the site to coordinate groups, but then they were never across differing time zones. Did it mess up the game times somehow for some folks? For me it said clearly that the times displayed were GMT-05. I think one big problem in getting players may have been that the game was scheduled in parallel to The Sky Key Solution, which was the  big event of the con. I wouldn't necessarily conclude that there is no interest in anything besides D&D and Pathfinder (or even in TOR) per se.
I have to be honest with you, I'm going to be spending the remainder of this year, at least, trying to determine if I even still want to continue role-playing.  Every time I run a game, I try to give my players as much freedom and help as possible -if they actually play the game, I will help them, but if they're going to be lazy, I won't-, and more often than not the best players I have in my games turn out to be horrible people, trying to be individuals instead of working as a team to accomplish the adventure, going where they want to go, despite the background and ongoing story of the adventure.  Anyway, I'm exhausted and, had I not said I would try to run the game so many months ago, I probably never would have set it up in the first place.  Still, just so you know, I did not cancel the game because of how I feel, but because you were going to be the only one left. If you've had a good experience with Warhorn in the past, then perhaps it was just my lack of experience with it, but I felt it to be clunky, overloaded and, for what the administrator I contacted told me, perhaps it is great for small groups.