Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sideloading roll20 on unsupported devices

Edited 1447672654
The roll20 team might not support the app on most devices out there but I at least can confirm that the app does work on at least some popular ones of them. Yes there are problems and bugs but I mean it is not even a supported device so there is no reason to be upset. Still I am extremly happy to have found this out and that is why I wanted to share this information. Important to know is that the last 1.1 version really did change the popups and before that version I was not able to use any roll buttonmacros which included user input. I first thought if it is okay to post this but as I do not tell someone to pirate the app but just to copy it from one of its devices onto another I thought It might be in the interest of the roll20 team to get as many happy users as possible. If this is considered not okay, please just delete the thread and give me a notification, but I did not see any reason for you to not share this information. We have tested so far the nexus 6 as well as the Amazon Fire HDX and on both of them the app is a REAL companion app for us.
I don't think we have a problem with it, as long as it's understood that a) this is totally not officially supported and we won't be putting out bug fixes for unsupported devices, and b) you keep in mind you'll have to do any future updates manually.

Edited 1447697224
Riley D. said: I don't think we have a problem with it, as long as it's understood that a) this is totally not officially supported and we won't be putting out bug fixes for unsupported devices, and b) you keep in mind you'll have to do any future updates manually. Thanks!