Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Issue with keeping my messages

Every time someone posts a message to my account or one of my games I click to check the message then back out after reading it as I don't have time to respond to every message right away. My question is can the messages not be auto deleted. I understand you can click follow to keep the messages, but that's not a good system to rely on. At the least let the messages last a couple of days.
1448371851
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
The only thing being deleted is the notification.  If you go to your games, the discussion forums should still have all the messages (aside from those deleted by the writer or other GMs), and if you go to your Private Messages all your messages should be there.  Can you give us an example of when a message itself has been deleted?
I received a message on the 20th or on the morning of the 21st. It was the only message I received on those two days. Under my private messages. I don't remember the players name as I just checked my message quickly.
If you turned e-mail notification on, you can access and view the new post/topic at any time and you keep the link in your e-mail inbox. Also, you still have the notification in Roll20.
Hi  Isaac R. - I went ahead and moved this to the Specific Use forum, since it is a question about how our notification system works. Since we have provided you with some solutions (as  Zoyarox Craszen stated visiting your  My Account and adjusting your email notifications should solve your issue) I will close this thread. Thanks!