Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Interest Check] Star Wars Miniatures Campaign! New players welcome!

Hello guys! A few friends of mine are interested in starting a galaxy campaign of the game Star Wars Miniatures. We've decided to use SWM over Imperial Assault because of both the variety and system that SWM offers is better in this situation! For those of you who don't know: Star Wars Miniatures is a game that allows you to play skirmishes with a LARGE variety of units and in different timelines around the galaxy. From the Knights of the Old Republic to the Legacy Era, you can take control of any army and put them into battle.   The game plays similarly to the Star Wars Saga Edition RPG but each unit has its own stats. Unlike Imperial Assault, SWM offers a HUGE variety of units as well as loads of support units. The Campaign: So in general, when we'd have the group ready, we'll first decide by vote on which Era a campaign will take place in and after that, we'll decide who is on which side. From there, on roll20 we'll have a galactic map displaying what systems each side controls and we work our way from there. Each "General" (Player) will have 100 starting points that they can spend to create their own army. From there, scheduled battles will take place every week. This means you as a player can say what time you're free during the week and request where you're attacking -or- you can defend a planet that is going to be under attack if you're free during the time of the battle.  This gives the players the ability to pick and choose their times rather than force everyone to be on at one designated time. This game can easily be picked up in one tutorial and you don't need to already have the game. We will be using Vassal as a means to play the battles but using Roll20 to conduct the campaign through the map and forum posts :) If you're new or play Imperial Assault, then feel free to try this out! Like I said, it's EASY to learn! With a few people already on board for this, feel free to leave a comment below if you're interested or if you for sure want to join something like this, message me and I'll send you an invite!
I had no idea anything like this existed. Interested.
ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY I am in on this!!!!!!!!!!
sounds like fun. interested
I am all over this. I love the X-Wing game!
Chris it's not the x-wing game lol it's the Star Wars Miniatures game :P I already have a running campaign for xwing miniatures.
Is there still room for more? Because this has definitely captured my interest. 
If theres room i would really be up for it
I'm down, if there's room.
I'm making it today :) My internet has been down the last few days but I'll start making it right now!
I just finished editing parts of the game and making the campaign :) I'll send invites out asap.
For those interested, here's the listing :)&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/36140/star-wars-empires-at-war" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/36140/star-wars-empires-at-war</a>