Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Connectivity issues...still

Edited 1450373129
Hey guys, I had to bring up the same thing but some time ago (can't even remember at this point) I made a post regarding my connectivity issues (as well as a few other people with whom I game). After a while the responses sort of withered away and I never received a solution. I'd like to broach this topic again because even with the latest browser versions it's still happening on a regular basis such that it's becoming difficult to reliably respond to private messages and using in-game chat is almost unthinkable. Issue: a) I connect to roll20.net and do my thing, answering messages, making posts, etc. but at some point I'll click a link, post something, or refresh a page and I will get an error as posted in the screenshots below. One of them seems to be referring to CloudFlare which I know is used by a browser game having problems (SWCombine). b) during voice chats with people, the chat often cuts out so that everyone in the campaign must refresh their browser. This one's not just me and it seems to happen more often when someone disconnects from the chat. Previously-Suggested/Attempted Remedies: - following a link to a standardized list of solutions (provided by a staff member here) - Using a different browser (works sometimes for one of the errors) - Disabling Ad-Block (nothing) - Disabling Anti Virus Software (nothing) - Adding Roll20.net to Anti Virus Exceptions List (nothing) - External solution regarding Chrome's settings (nothing) Why this is a problem: So far today I have had to restart my browser and wait several minutes(sometimes longer) almost 5 times as of typing this message (2 hours of use) and it's almost every time I go to send a message or make a post in Chrome. As you can probably imagine, this is incredibly frustrating as I go through it daily. As I've said, this problem has occurred before in Firefox just to a lesser degree. I would prefer to not use Firefox and actually solve this problem. Knowing that others are having it makes me feel it's not isolated to my setup. This only happens on this site. Setup:  - Network: 3MB DSL/Fiber connection 1 router/gateway (functioning)  - Machine: 8-core Viscera AMD CPU NVidia Graphics (980) 8GB RAM  - Browser: Chrome version Version 47.0.2526.106 m  (up to date according to google) AdBlock 2.45 Avast Online Security  - Anti Virus: Avast Kept up to date Screenshots:
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The fact that Roll20 usually works with Firefox, the browser you don't typically use and I'm also assuming is free of addons like adblock, suggest that it's a 3rd party software conflict. Do these issues happen on a fresh install of Chrome? Perhaps you could check from a different computer on the same network? Can you provide the console log of when the issues starts before you refresh and also when you get this bad request response from Cloud Flair?