Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Repeating Fields Madness

Edited 1450505417
Repeating fields are now a nightmare. They keep reordering themselves, erase randomly, add random information in second field once the first is filled. I was modifying the sheets for my group because of a level up but it's impossible to work with. I'm worried information will be lost if they use the sheet during the game. I tried erasing all fields and starting from scratch with new fields, but the random behavior keeps occurring. This is a very simple custom sheet that was working fine before the update. I'm using the sheet on both my Forteresse and Tourmente campaigns. Game Details:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/campaignsettings/391892" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/campaignsettings/391892</a>
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I experienced the same issue last night, as well.
Also getting these problems with pathfinder character sheets. Among that, I'm also getting a problem with the skills page where it says the formula instead of just one number. I hit the recalc and it says I have version 0.14.
Okay, I'll take a look here in a second. We had an issue similar to this yesterday morning but it was fixed. Might be something else going on, though.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mega_N said: Also getting these problems with pathfinder character sheets. Among that, I'm also getting a problem with the skills page where it says the formula instead of just one number. I hit the recalc and it says I have version 0.14. Place a checkmark on "Use Consolidated Skills" on the Config tab. Unless you also display/use Unchained Skills it will not affect the math for Skill ranks. This will be done automatically in the next pull.

Edited 1450575381
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
I just pushed some code which I think should resolve a) things moving around weirdly order-wise when you add new rows and b) anything going missing. Let me know if you're still seeing these issues after you reload. Thanks! NOTE: If you created some repeating rows during the time when a bug was present a day or two ago, you may notice that what is happening is when you create a new repeating row, it is getting placed ABOVE already-existing rows. If you see that happening, you need to DELETE the repeating rows that are getting "stuck at the bottom" (the ones that new rows are getting put above). Otherwise you may see weird results. After deleting those "stuck" rows though everything will be fine. Again, this should only affect a small portion of people.&nbsp; If you're still experiencing issues with repeating fields, please let me know. Thanks!

Edited 1450577925
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I just reloaded our beta on the main server and with a brand new character added an attack, once I selected a drop-down selector for ability-type, a new row was created... &nbsp;seems like there is still a problem. &nbsp;Could be something specific to our sheet. &nbsp;Not sure. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> "New Guy" is the test character from above.
Vince said: I just reloaded our beta on the main server and with a brand new character added an attack, once I selected a drop-down selector for ability-type, a new row was created... &nbsp;seems like there is still a problem. &nbsp;Could be something specific to our sheet. &nbsp;Not sure. Okay I'll take a look. Adding new rows isn't one of the things I was seeing in the "default" repeating row so it might be something to do with Sheet Workers...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
updated with info
Okay, I see what's going on. It is the Sheet Worker. The Sheet Worker is using setAttr and it's using the lower-case version of the row ID instead of the case-sensitive version. I think this might be something I can fix on my end. Stand by.
I just pushed what I think should fix it to Dev. Can you test it out there when you get a chance and let me know if it fixes it (and doesn't break anything else you notice? :-)

Edited 1450581619
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just ran a quick test and I was able to add attacks, modify using a drop-down, delete, etc. &nbsp;Works with the other repeating sections as well. &nbsp;Looks like we might have a winner.

Edited 1450582141
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Okay, it's deployed to main. Hope that helps! EDIT: Note that unfortunately it won't fix existing rows that may be appearing twice. You'll have to delete those rows and re-create. :\ For anyone else reading this thread, this only applies to the Pathfinder sheet right now (since it's one of the only ones using the new Sheet Workers).
Hi Riley, As I said earlier, I was using my own custom sheet, which doesn't have Sheet Workers. However, what you did seems to have fixed it. I did not do anything but when I checked, the rows got back to the right order: While I was having the problem, it kept moving around completely randomly (not appearing at top necessarily), and it would look like: 0, 4, 5, 6, -K5smi..., 1,3,2, -K5smY..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 7, -K5smM.... Now without my doing anything, the order is ok (order of creation). Mike
Great, glad it's fixed!

Edited 1450593784
My game is still experience tons of bugs with the repeating fields, particularly attacks, shuffling, duplicating, and disappearing. On one player's sheet I deleted all the attacks, closed the sheet, opened it back up, created 6 attacks, left the game, came back 20 minutes later and everything is shuffled and there were duplicates. We ended up cancelling tonight's game due to the extreme number of issues we faced.
So yeah, my group had issues with repeating fields as well. Primarily in attacks, I'm not sure if other fields were used or not or if there were issues. What I found odd was the way the issues presented themselves: I'm using an old version of the Pathfinder sheet, modified by myself (poorly) to utilize an old version of HoneyBadger's Powercards (currently using the new version but built for the old) for all dierolls in-sheet, and using macros to pull info from repeating fields for the attacks (NOT the in-sheet macros (for reasons)). A monster built long ago with multiple attacks works fine; all three-or-whatever repeating attack fields are still working. Characters built in the past, even recent past (but before the update) have any attacks they make work fine, UNLESS the repeating section was built recently (ie tonight). Older attacks work fine; new ones give an error message (looking for 1-9 but finding { or something like that, I'm not gonna look, you know the one.) The one character built tonight had its first (0) repeating attack work fine; subsequent ones gave the same error message as above. I tried deleting the previous working (0) attack, and rebuilding is as a new (3) attack; this did not work, and now all the attacks give the same error. This could well be a personal issue, due to the system I'm using being badly and extensively Frankensteined together, but I was asked to share this data. Hopefully it'll help. If you'd like to see for yourself, let me know and I'll get you an invite. Thanks -Phnord-who-just-played-for-10-hours-anyway! PS: Have noticed no 'shuffling' errors.
Larry K. said: My game is still experience tons of bugs with the repeating fields, particularly attacks, shuffling, duplicating, and disappearing. On one player's sheet I deleted all the attacks, closed the sheet, opened it back up, created 6 attacks, left the game, came back 20 minutes later and everything is shuffled and there were duplicates. We ended up cancelling tonight's game due to the extreme number of issues we faced. It sounds like you might still be having an issue due to a messed up row. When you add a new row to that sheet (Click "Add", then change something in the new row, then click off of it) does it "jump" up above some existing rows? If so, that's the problem. You need to delete those rows (the ones it "jumped" above) and then everything should work fine. Sorry for the trouble. Phnord Prephect said: So yeah, my group had issues with repeating fields as well. Primarily in attacks, I'm not sure if other fields were used or not or if there were issues. What I found odd was the way the issues presented themselves: I'm using an old version of the Pathfinder sheet, modified by myself (poorly) to utilize an old version of HoneyBadger's Powercards (currently using the new version but built for the old) for all dierolls in-sheet, and using macros to pull info from repeating fields for the attacks (NOT the in-sheet macros (for reasons)). A monster built long ago with multiple attacks works fine; all three-or-whatever repeating attack fields are still working. Characters built in the past, even recent past (but before the update) have any attacks they make work fine, UNLESS the repeating section was built recently (ie tonight). Older attacks work fine; new ones give an error message (looking for 1-9 but finding { or something like that, I'm not gonna look, you know the one.) The one character built tonight had its first (0) repeating attack work fine; subsequent ones gave the same error message as above. I tried deleting the previous working (0) attack, and rebuilding is as a new (3) attack; this did not work, and now all the attacks give the same error. This could well be a personal issue, due to the system I'm using being badly and extensively Frankensteined together, but I was asked to share this data. Hopefully it'll help. If you'd like to see for yourself, let me know and I'll get you an invite. Thanks -Phnord-who-just-played-for-10-hours-anyway! PS: Have noticed no 'shuffling' errors. I see, I think this is a different issue. My guess is that you have macros (either sheet roll buttons or macros/abilities you've made on the characters) that were referencing the repeating rows using the old ID structure. So for example, if you have a repeating section called inventory, you might have a macro that's calling @{repeating_inventory_0_weight}. Where "0" is supposed to mean "the first row". That will still work fine for old rows because they are still using the old 0-based ID system. New rows, though, get IDs like "-ABC123" (so they would be something like @{repeating_inventory_-ABC123_weight}). So those macros are probably breaking on those new rows. What you need to do is put a dollar sign in front of the number in the macro. So instead of @{repeating_inventory_0_weight} it would become @{repeating_inventory_$0_weight}, which now means "use the first row in the repeating section, regardless of its ID." Likewise you can use $1 for the second row, $2 for the third, etc. So basically you probably just need to put those dollar signs in. Note that you can still call a repeating section directly by ID, but now the IDs don't change once a repeating row is created (so for example if you delete the 3rd row, the 4th-8th rows don't change their IDs). This is actually better long-term since it's going to allow us to stuff like allow re-ordering repeating rows. But we had to make that breaking change to the way that macros call repeating rows to enable that. You can also now drag and drop the roll button out of a repeating section directly to the macro quick bar which might eliminate the need to even use those macros, but it's totally up to you. Let me know if that's not what's happening or if you have further questions on that.

Edited 1450628325
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I feel your pain Phinrod. &nbsp;I use a PF sheet adjusted for powercards as well. &nbsp;It's older, like pre-roll templates! I also used a script to generate my ability macros for all of my characters and NPC's/Monsters (40+ macros each). &nbsp;In theory, you should be able to modify your sheet as Riley has mentioned to include "$" for any calls to repeating items. &nbsp;This was normally only done with the button bar 0-26 rows of presets. &nbsp;I've totally removed those rows on the new sheets since there is no reason to use them anymore. &nbsp;You could do the same and you might find that there isn't any other button macros on the sheet that pull repeating attributes. &nbsp;That said, you will need to adjust any ability macros that use the old names for repeating items. &nbsp;Either include their id directly (use drag/drop to earn the id), might be able to work a script to generate a list of id's for a sheet using API, or edit them using the more generic row naming with "$". &nbsp;This could be a problem later if/when re-arranging repeating rows becomes a "thang". &nbsp;Also, I know a script can be used with regex to rename macros as well. &nbsp;This is beyond my pay grade.&nbsp;

Edited 1450640298
Using the PF sheet I can reproduce the repeating fields issue 100% of the time by modifying Strength. Either through the Core tab's Ability Score section or the Buff section with something that modifies Strength. When I modified Strength in the NPC tab I saw it duplicate and shuffle all the attacks. With one of my PC's sheets I had finally gotten his attack section tamed when I went to the Ability Score section and added 4 Strength. When I went back to the attacks section it had added 25 extra attacks, a mix of empty attacks and duplicated attacks.

Edited 1450640592
I created a brand new sheet so the repeating sections were all blank. Any field that I modified that changed any field in the attack, for example, increasing Strength on the Core tab, caused this issue, except one field. The Attack and Damage Effects section of the Attacks tab. When these modifiers are selected and applied they apply their changes to the repeating section field fine. When any other field is changed that changes a calculated field in the attack it takes a second to apply the change and when it does so it shuffles and adds extra attack repeating fields.

Edited 1450641772
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Larry K. said: I created a brand new sheet so the repeating sections were all blank. Any field that I modified that changed any field in the attack, for example, increasing Strength on the Core tab, caused this issue, except one field. The Attack and Damage Effects section of the Attacks tab. When these modifiers are selected and applied they apply their changes to the repeating section field fine. When any other field is changed that changes a calculated field in the attack it takes a second to apply the change and when it does so it shuffles and adds extra attack repeating fields. Not sure what's going on Larry. &nbsp;I just created a brand character, created an attack, adjusted STR, made a Buff to STR and everything seems in order. &nbsp;Changing tabs, closing re-opening sheet, and/or campaign, everything is still fine with the attack. &nbsp;I added another without issues as well... &nbsp; I did notice that the damage buff wasn't showing, but was being applied as it should.
So I've created copies with and without the journal copied. When I copy my journal any character sheet, new or old, suffers from extreme craziness in the repeating sections. When I do not copy the journal new character sheets seem to be behaving in a normal manner. I'm guessing there is no way to copy everything in the journal other than the character sheets so I'm going to gauge how much work it will take to rebuild. Thanks for the help.

Edited 1450647047
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I wish I could give you the solution Larry. &nbsp;Seems to be an elusive issue for some. &nbsp;If you have a game looming, you could use a version of the sheet just prior to us making changes in anticipation of this update... &nbsp;and then either wait till this issue is resolved or if necessary, transfer the character's info manually to new journals. PF sheet code from 11/12 <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Magik
Sheet Author
I'm still having the issue where when a new Attack entry is added that after I make the first change to the entry (which is my case is the "Enh" value and hit the tab key) that it reorders the entry in the list of entries and it copies the values from one of the entries. I'm only able to reproduce this for a pre-existing character that has old entries where $X is 0, 1, 2, etc. So this problem may go away if I recreate all old entries. That is a bit of work since I have 16 old entries and the java worker update doesn't seem to have much of a character sheet performance enhancement for attack entries. It may be the more entries that you have, the longer the delay between changes. Magik
Magik said: I'm still having the issue where when a new Attack entry is added that after I make the first change to the entry (which is my case is the "Enh" value and hit the tab key) that it reorders the entry in the list of entries and it copies the values from one of the entries. I'm only able to reproduce this for a pre-existing character that has old entries where $X is 0, 1, 2, etc. So this problem may go away if I recreate all old entries. That is a bit of work since I have 16 old entries and the java worker update doesn't seem to have much of a character sheet performance enhancement for attack entries. It may be the more entries that you have, the longer the delay between changes. Magik Delete the rows that the new entry is "jumping" above. So if you have rows 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, and when you make row 6 it jumps up between row 3 and row 4, delete row 4 and 5 (the ones it jumped above) and it will fix the problem.

Edited 1450989233
Yesterday I created a copy of my 2+ year old campaign only copying the jukebox and pages. I then created fresh character sheets for my PC's and played around with adding attacks and changing modifiers, closing and opening the sheets, moving in and out of different sheets, etc. They seemed stable so I recreated the 105 handouts I would need for the next part of my campaign. I then started the process of transferring my PC's sheets to the new game. Everything was done from scratch. I never had problems with it creating rows that "jumped" everything was fine. I finished one sheet completely yesterday. Today I came back and started on the rest of the sheets. While working on the 4th PC sheet I decided to copy some useful text into the other sheets. When I opened them the attack repeating fields had created empty fields ranging in number from 2 to over 20. At no point was there an issue with created fields "jumping" but now no matter what when I open the character sheets there are extra attack repeating rows that are blank. Thankfully it seems to no longer be shuffling the entered attacks but when it randomly creates 20+ attacks it makes the character sheet near unusable. Please after the holidays can I get some help with this issue. I've tried everything that I can think of on my own while not losing my maps with dynamic lighting and 2+ years worth of sorted jukebox music.

Edited 1451649272
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've seen some issues the last few days as well, it seems some of the odd behavior is back: Some users reported the same error as in the past: blank rows popping above current ones. This was just this past week. We linked them to Riley's post saying to delete the one they are popping above. One user&nbsp; Miro (in the Pathfinder sheet thread) reported it was overwriting his current rows. Often the last row will have an invalid ID in javascript, which will be the name of the repeating section. e.g. for section repeating_foo with 3 rows that look normal on the sheet.: if I do a getSectionIDs i see 2 row IDs that look normal, the third row will have an id of "foo" and of course no getAttrs or setAttrs work using that ID. If I delete the mysterious row above, it still is returned by getSectionIDs until i refresh the browser&nbsp; A few times I saw on sheet open: only the first row of a repeating section is displayed, the others are "invisible". But once I update a field that all rows use, and do getSectionIDs and loop through and update a field in each row, then the rest of the rows suddenly appear on the sheet.
I can confirm that the odd behavior is back on my very simple sheet with no script workers.&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2778641/repeating-fields-madness-is-back" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2778641/repeating-fields-madness-is-back</a>

Edited 1451772704
I am working on my game for this evening and as I am creating NPC sheets it is creating blank attack repeating fields. I just created a new sheet and as soon as I changed the Strength field the sheet created 34 blank attack repeating fields. I can recreate this 100% of the time and will more than happily invite and show that this is happening 100% of the time. Yay, went back to the same sheet, deleted the 34 blank field the sheet created, modified the Dex field and luckily it only created 11 blank fields!
Modifying the Con, Int, Wis, and Cha fields didn't create blank attack repeating fields but as soon as I got to BAB, another field that modifies attacks, and modified it, the sheet created 46 blank attack fields.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Larry K. said: I am working on my game for this evening and as I am creating NPC sheets it is creating blank attack repeating fields. I just created a new sheet and as soon as I changed the Strength field the sheet created 34 blank attack repeating fields. I can recreate this 100% of the time and will more than happily invite and show that this is happening 100% of the time. Yay, went back to the same sheet, deleted the 34 blank field the sheet created, modified the Dex field and luckily it only created 11 blank fields! I'm not sure what's up Larry. &nbsp;I just created a new character, linked it to a token, adjusted STR, attacks were empty. &nbsp;I adjusted DEX, attacks were still empty. I adjusted BAB, no attacks were added. &nbsp; I can't replicate the problem. &nbsp;;-( Maybe Riley or Steve can have a look at your campaign and determine why your sheets aren't working properly. &nbsp;Another user mentioned having similar problems when using Chrome, but FF was fine. &nbsp;What browser are you using and have you tried another? &nbsp;Just grasping at straws...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
An interesting thing I just found is when you hit Add to create a new row, the row does not actually "exist" yet until you change one field. If you click to a different tab, or close the sheet, then reopen it, the row will not be there. &nbsp;In the same way, after hitting "add", the SheetWorkers also cannot see or detect the new row until you change one field. I tested this by putting a eventhandler on the row itself (on("change:repeating_class-ability") ) &nbsp;that ran getSectionIDs("repeating_class-ability",f), and only the other row IDs were returned, not the new one. I had that code because I was trying to set some params for new rows that involved some math and so couldn't be in value="" I wonder if we code our own repeating section creator using the generate function, ,if that will get around these problems in the posts above? Of course, i suppose I should not start rewriting server code and put it in the sheetworker to get around server bugs, unless Roll20 starts paying me :)&nbsp;
I am getting errors in the repeating fields within the Class tab, under the Class Features and Abilities heading. &nbsp;When I try to add a new repeating field, one of two errors occur: either the new (and incomplete) repeating field suddenly moves to a previous repeating field and replaces it entirely or it does that with the additional twist of also not showing the name of the class within the repeating field even though I have selected a class number. I am hesitant to do any further changes for fear that it will start deleting more of the previous repeating fields within the sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: An interesting thing I just found is when you hit Add to create a new row, the row does not actually "exist" yet until you change one field. If you click to a different tab, or close the sheet, then reopen it, the row will not be there. &nbsp;In the same way, after hitting "add", the SheetWorkers also cannot see or detect the new row until you change one field. I tested this by putting a eventhandler on the row itself (on("change:repeating_class-ability") ) &nbsp;that ran getSectionIDs("repeating_class-ability",f), and only the other row IDs were returned, not the new one. I had that code because I was trying to set some params for new rows that involved some math and so couldn't be in value="" I wonder if we code our own repeating section creator using the generate function, ,if that will get around these problems in the posts above? Of course, i suppose I should not start rewriting server code and put it in the sheetworker to get around server bugs, unless Roll20 starts paying me :)&nbsp; Isn't this the way it's always behaved though? You have to enter one attribute value for the row in order for the row to exist, correct? &nbsp;More importantly, how does a "non-existing" row play into the strange behavior of additional rows being added or duplicated? &nbsp;;-( &nbsp; This seems like a roll20 system problem...
Using the Pathfinder character sheet, my Kingmaker game is having issues with the attacks field, but only ONE player is having it. Whenever he enters data into the Core field, 9 blank attacks appear in the attacks entry before any were added, and attacks randomly clone themselves, and the math behavior is totally incorrect for any entry he makes. he is the only player having the problem in a game with 6 active characters.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
For those of you having this issue, if you delete your repeating sections and start over does the issue still persist?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: For those of you having this issue, if you delete your repeating sections and start over does the issue still persist? In my tests, you can't delete all the rows in the problem repeating section. &nbsp;A new row is immediately added back. I have a test case/subject that is exhibiting similar problems. &nbsp;PM sent.
Steve K. said: For those of you having this issue, if you delete your repeating sections and start over does the issue still persist? Yes, the issue persists. It occurs only with Chrome in my case, Firefox and Safari don't have it. In Chrome, the rows are not sorted by creation order, but randomly
I have the same problem, its pretty annoying. I'm in the middel of creating the next adventure and everytime I add a monster or character with 2 or more attacks the attacks get swapped, replaced or existing values from the attack before. Don't get me wrong I love roll20 and the&nbsp;possibility to play with friends which I don't see very often, but this issue leaves a bad taste especially when you pay and there is little information and updates.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you provide me a url to one of your games or a test case where a section like this is bugged? With directions to the character and section affected?
You've got a pm
Has there been any progress on this issue? I ran into it the other night using Chrome. When adding a new repeating section the field jumped up the list and got lost in the shuffle. I wasn't able to find it until I closed the sheet and reopened it. Deleting and starting over is not an option as I have used the repeating sections of dozens of sheets to store hundreds of macro codes that I don't want to loose.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Which sheet is having the issue Ed? &nbsp; Maybe shoot Steve a PM a campaign link (or copy of) with instructions to reproduce your problem. &nbsp;Steve seems to think that at least some of our issue on the PF is related to sheet workers... but I think he's still looking into it. &nbsp; This is HUGE bug that needs to get squashed ASAP.

Edited 1452287388
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Steve, The live PathFinder sheet doesn't add ID or index to the repeating section, we had a sheet we made to print out what ID the system was assigning to see if we could get a clue as to what was happening. It was created using getSectionIDs. We don't create rows in the sheetworker. you can see all the code here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> &nbsp; So.. there is no creating of repeating rows done in sheetworkers, some just have bizarre IDs like "1","2".... I've even seen rows where the ID is the name of the repeating section, which makes no sense.
Vince said: Which sheet is having the issue Ed? &nbsp; Maybe shoot Steve a PM a campaign link (or copy of) with instructions to reproduce your problem. &nbsp;Steve seems to think that at least some of our issue on the PF is related to sheet workers... but I think he's still looking into it. &nbsp; This is HUGE bug that needs to get squashed ASAP. I am using the legacy 5e sheet which hasn't been changed in a very long time. Specifically the repeating section for spells. I have a separate sheet for each level of spell caster for each caster class with the spells for each class entered into the repeating sections. I'm storing the final roll template code for each spell in the effects section and am referencing those with token actions in the same character sheet. So there are hundreds of them.&nbsp; That all sounds terribly complicated but it really isn't and this makes the spells universal so no one has to enter spells in there own sheets and get bogged down by extra attributes.&nbsp; Last week I was trying to add the new spells from the Sword Coast Legends book and found that the new repeating sections were bouncing all over the place. The good news is I can get it to work, but it is much more difficult.&nbsp; I will try doing it tonight using Firefox instead of Chrome and see if it goes better. I will let you know. I prefer to use Chrome, but if I need to use Firefox to add spells I will.&nbsp;

Edited 1452612693
I tried Firefox tonight and I did not have any problems with the repeating fields jumping around. Even the ones I had made previously which were jumbled in Chrome showed in the correct creation order when viewed in Firefox.&nbsp; Edit: I just went back and got it to jump up in Firefox as well. Firefox had an update(43.0.4) in between the first time and this second time, not sure if that had anything to do with it. I use Chrome because it performs better and the lag in Firefox makes it kind of hard to use as a GM.&nbsp; Idealy they wouldn't jump around but it's quicker for me to use Chrome even with the jumping.&nbsp;
It seems that buffs and conditions on PF sheets "trigger" duplications and order-changing on the repeating attack section. I was GMing yesterday and all my players get "shaken", so I asked them to hit the "fear" checkbox. After that, a lot of duplicated attacks, some attacks changed order (which is a gamebreking for me, since I use macros to roll attacks).The same goes for buffs. Basically it seens that problems I had at the very beggining of the last big update were back. Any change the roll20 cloud migration have impacted on this?

Edited 1452518977
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Things seem to have come back a little over a week ago. Regarding what happens when shaken is hit, it updates a field @{melee} on the page, there is a drop down in each repeating item that references @{melee} (asin option value=@{melee} ) &nbsp;and the systems sends a change event on the field. Then my eventhandler is: On("change:repeating_weapon:attk_type", function () {updateRepeatingWeaponAttack();&nbsp;}); updaterepeatingweaponattack references the fields within the context of a repeating item: getAttrs(["repeating_weapon_attk_type ", "repeating_weapon_enhance", etc So, there is no adding or deleting rows, or even accessing rows by ID, but each row is updated. It seems when any row is updated is when things act strange, not only when inserting or deleting.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Shaffi I. said: I have the same problem, its pretty annoying. I'm in the middel of creating the next adventure and everytime I add a monster or character with 2 or more attacks the attacks get swapped, replaced or existing values from the attack before. Don't get me wrong I love roll20 and the&nbsp;possibility to play with friends which I don't see very often, but this issue leaves a bad taste especially when you pay and there is little information and updates. Your issue is an old one that was fixed a couple weeks ago. For a short time, a little over a day, there was a bug introduced that created repeating section IDs in all lower caps. In order to fix the bug you'll need to delete the offending rows before normal behavior will return. To assist with this we've made bad rows universally be highlighted with a red box around them. You'll needed to delete these red highlighted repeating sections and replace them with fresh copies. Ed S. said: Has there been any progress on this issue? I ran into it the other night using Chrome. When adding a new repeating section the field jumped up the list and got lost in the shuffle. I wasn't able to find it until I closed the sheet and reopened it. Deleting and starting over is not an option as I have used the repeating sections of dozens of sheets to store hundreds of macro codes that I don't want to loose. This issue specifically had to do with repeating sections and radio buttons, which are prevalent on the 5e sheets. It only happened when repeating sections were deleted and re-added without closing and opening the character sheet. It was introduced when we made our repeating section improvements. The issue should now be resolved and should happen in the future. You shouldn't need to change anything in order for the fix to happen. If there are any other outstanding issues with repeating sections that aren't fixed by these two changes, please let us know.