Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Can't start a new game

Hello. I've been trying to start a new game for an upcoming Pathfinder group, but every time I click the button to start a new game I get the same error message. The message reads as follows: ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 What does this mean? I tried to make a new account and that didn't work either.  Thank you all in advance!
Seconded, I am also having the same issue when trying to create a campaign. Identical error message. ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in UTF-8
Bump, same issue. Chrome 47.0.2526.106 m, Windows 7.
Ditto, when trying to copy a campaign.
Getting same error - Same version of Chome as Chase S. listed. As it's not just something I'm doing, I'll take this as a sign to go and make some food instead :)
1450738856

Edited 1450739407
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're looking into this now. Edit: This should now be fixed. There was an issue with a foreign language character sheet that had characters that conflicted with our system. Let us know if you're still having trouble.
Firefox 43.0.1, just to state that it's not just Chrome this is occuring on.
Firefox 43.0.1, Windows 7 ultimate, same error 5 minutes ago
1450740862
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gouka said: Firefox 43.0.1, Windows 7 ultimate, same error 5 minutes ago If you clear your cache or hard reload the page are you still having that issue?
Somewhat late, but yes it's working just fine now. Good response, SteveK!
All good and working on my end - only an F5 needed. Thanks.