Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Search in Campaign forum (including looking for players forum) - Also way to search all for a players posts within a game.

Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I am in a couple of games with some pretty active forum activity, and would occasionally like to search the forum posts for search strings. Finding old postings is more complex because different players at different times post to the campaigns "looking for players" forum, the campaign forum, and private messages. So in addition to being able to search for any string in ether of the game forums, it would be great if when you click a players name, and get that screen that lets you look at view topics and view replies from the public forums, there was also an option that would search both game forums and PM's to/from you, and list all three lists. So you could, for example, see "Hum, he sent me a PM 2 weeks ago, and in the last 2 weeks have not done any looking for players posts, but has done 10 campaign posts", and be able to click through to any of those.
Gold
Forum Champion
It would be great to see more Game Forum features. My players write a lot of play-by-post in between sessions too, so, a lot of game forum activity. +1 !
Yes please. Similar to the search that helped me find this post would be great.
Ditto -- our campaign forum is very active, with lots of backstory material generated ... which is presently very difficult to find because the lack of search in the campaign forums. Would very much like to see this.
Same here.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .