Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Android tablet app - auto calc cells not updating

I was prepping for my game tomorrow where I use the tablet app to run my character, and it seems that the character sheet is not updating when I make changes to values in the app. It will run the button macros, but if I change a value, it never updates the calculated cells. I have been using the app successfully with the character sheets until this session, and I am wondering if it might be linked to the introduction of the workers. Everything I do in the browser seems to work normally. When I opened the tablet, the sheet still showed version 0.14, but I couldn't get it to recalculate. When I opened it in the browser, the sheet updated to 0.19. Then when I opened it in the app again, the sheet showed updated to 0.19, but still didn't work properly. The values that I change in the app are saved, because the updates are reflected when I open the browser version, but then I have to change the cell to prompt the sheet to calculate the auto calc cells. Anybody have any ideas or having the same problem?

Edited 1452919271
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jacob, does a field update when you click into another field?  For example, update a value, toggle a checkbox, choose a drop-down, etc., then click into another field.  Sadly, I do not have a tablet that runs the app to help test... You might want to post in the  Roll20 for iPad and Android or maybe a mod can move the thread there.

Edited 1452946668
Good point, this may be a better topic for the tablet forum. I can update things normally on the app, values, toggles, drop down, etc. and the changes actually happen. Not only do they update on the screen, they are still reflected when I reopen the character sheet in the browser. However, the change doesn't prompt the sheet to update auto calculated values, so for example, if I change my natural armor bonus from 1 to 5, the value for my total AC doesn't change, even if I touch away from the box, hit return, or even close and reopen the application. And when I open the browser, all the values will be just as I left them in the app. The total AC block will not match the sum of the values that feed it until I go to the box that I modified on the app and change it to a different value, then change it back.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jacob, is this happening for other sheets as well, or just one sheet? &nbsp;Also, does it auto-calculate when used in a browser? &nbsp;Just trying to isolate the problem. &nbsp;There's a bug that's causing some sheets to have duplicate attributes. &nbsp;If the sheet does not work in either tablet or browser, that could be the issue. &nbsp;see here:( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2830146/i-have-f" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2830146/i-have-f</a>... )
I only use the main PF sheet, so I don't know about other sheets. The auto-calculator works normally in the browser. In fact, I played the game yesterday and used the the sheet through the chrome browser with no issues. In the past, running the full sheet in the browser was pretty slow, but I suppose the performance improvements gleaned from the worker scripts made the browser and app perform comparably on my tablet. Consequently, I guess it won't matter much to me whether they actually fix the app since the browser sheet is now working well on my tablet. One new piece of information. We leveled during the session and I made updates using my desktop browser, including adding two new items under the repeating class section. When I subsequently opened the app, the new repeating sections I had added were there, but contained none of the information I had entered, looking like a new template. They still contain the information I entered yesterday when I open the sheet in the browser, but they show up as blank in the app.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jacob P. said: I only use the main PF sheet, so I don't know about other sheets.&nbsp; Appologies, I meant other PF characters. &nbsp;Just trying to figure out if it was one character sheet that was having tablet issues or if ALL PF characters/sheets were not updating. That's good to hear the sheet is working better from the tablet's browser. The other issue you mention; adding a repeating class ability from browser not showing up in the app is strange. If you get a chance, please try adding a "test" repeating class ability from the browser, make sure it "sticks" by clicking in other fields, reload/refresh the page, to verify it's been added. &nbsp;Then check with the app. Thanks Jacob. &nbsp;I appreciate you helping out. &nbsp;(verifying bugs/issues is VERY important) &nbsp;;-)
I think we need to put out an update on our end to fix this actually. The Tablet apps are a little behind. Should be coming this week.
There actually aren't any other characters in this campaign. We are playing traditional tabletop, but I got the GM to make a roll20 campaign so I could use the character sheet feature and we also ended up using it to track initiative just because it is so much easier than the other options we tried. So I can't provide any data on whether other characters work properly. I tested the repeating feature in both directions. When I make a repeating entry on the browser, the line item gets added but none of the information that is entered ever seems to update, even with a reboot of the app and tablet. That is to say that, for example, I will see a repeating feat #11 in the app, but all of the fields are blank. When I made the item on the tablet and entered information, it was all reflected normally in the browser. So it seems that there is trouble only with the app retrieving information that was entered using the browser, but not the other way. The browser seems to be receiving all the information entered in the app. Riley, an update to the app sounds good to me. Although I was able to use the browser fairly well, the app is a better design for what I am doing, so I would be happy to get it back. Thanks for looking into it.&nbsp;
I just had a similar issue on the 5th edition character sheet. &nbsp;I added a entire spell list from my browser on my computer. &nbsp;Everything else on the sheet showed up fine on the tablet app, but all my spells were blank. &nbsp;I had an equal amount of blank entries as spells I had added on the browser, but no matter what I tried, I could not get the information to appear on the tablet (refresh, logging out, even copying the character). &nbsp;Finally I figured out if I add the spell on the tablet (just the title of the spell entered on the tablet), I could then type out the rest of the spell information on my browser and it would all show up. &nbsp;However, any spell I added from the browser would still be blank. Oh, one more thing I noticed if it helps, if I edited one of the blank spells on my tablet, it actually made an entire new spell entry. &nbsp;I also could not delete the blank entries from the tablet, they would just reappear (and the spells would be unchanged in browser). &nbsp;Only deleting them in the browser made them go away. &nbsp;It also did not matter if I had the sheet open or not in the browser while editing on tablet, or even if I were logged in at all.