Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Feature request: Crossfade tracks on the Jukebox

Score + 12
Hey!  I've recently started using battle music and ambient noises for my campaigns, and I've received some feedback that, while the tracks I pick out are specifically loopable, there is a noticeable gap of silence between each loop of the track.  It would be awesome if you could choose at what point you want the track to start looping. For example, your track is 1 minute and 26 seconds long.  You set the crossfade at 4 seconds.  At 1 minute and 22 seconds the loop begins, instead of at 1 minute and 26 seconds.   It's a pretty common feature on applications like Spotify.  I just think it would really complete the audio aspect of the Jukebox that we have now. Thanks!
Nice idea, this would make background ambiance like rain or wind feel much smoother and less immersion breaking when the track loops.
I hope there are plans to finally sweep this lingering issue into the On Dev category.
I just got bitten by the lack of gapless playback or a crossfade option as well. Set up four tracks in a playlist - an intro, a loop, a bridge section, then another loop - with the idea that I could let the first loop run as long as I needed to for the scene, then disable the first loop to transition through the bridge track into the next, but the gaps between tracks, and indeed even the gap in a single track loop, ruin the intended effect pretty much completely, making my time spent finding seamless loop and transition points wasted.