Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Syn x Miro sometime after the blow up in the kitchen and before Miro approaches Ameiko's room

Synovia walks into the kitchen looking for Miro. "Hey Miro, do you have a moment? I'd like to discuss your plans."
Miro stops just after placing the roasts in the oven.  He turns back his brows high and a curious look in his eyes.   "Why of course my sista.  How can I help?" Miro cleans the juices from his hands to his apron and looks to the sous to continue with the Rolls.  The Obvious answer to Miro's bread question.  
Synovia leads him to a corner table close to the kitchen. " I have been thinking about our last conversation and though I still think your plan of Sandpoint being a haven for anyone is admirable, I still think there are issues that need to be worked out. As you know, my main concern is that Sandpoint would become like Magnimar. A city so rich that it becomes indifferent to those of poverty maybe even creators of poverty, and though you have told me many times Don't worry sissa I will not let that happen,  when I ask you how you will prevent it you never give me an answer. I need that answer Miro."
Miro looks to her with squinted eyes.  "But I have Sin-o-via.  I have told you many times.  My goal is to restart the Glassworks, and instead of importing the silica's nessicary to make the glass I intend to start a mining operation on the Devil's tooth.  Its a granite mountian and as a sedimentary mountian that means it should contain the silica we need for the glass.  With the thistletops no longer half the agressors they were I think it will be safe.  So with a Quarry, a teamster guild to transport it, and the glassworks there will be quite a few jobs avaliable.  Next we will need to export our goods and that will be done via shipping lanes so I will need to charter a boat and crew it.  Finally we will need a guild of some sort to sell our wares in Magnamar, a situation I hope will help not only improve Magnamar but also our standings there in." Miro looks about the kitchen and smiles.   "Of course there is also lodging and what not to consider.  It is my hopes to see most of that revinue brought here to the dragon and maybe allow Ameiko's rusty dragon to expand to accomidate those with a less perminant tenure here.  Also jobs in carpentry will be nessisary for new homes and the rest of the general expansion nessisary to give homes to those who seek a home here.  Finally the foxglove estate is already in the works to convert to our hands and with atleast my quarter I intend to increase our farmland holdings, unless something of more worth can be found there.  And given time and enough economic growth I will attempt to by the rest of the estate from you all and move it to a similar design." Miro looks over to his sister mater of factly.   "Synovia you need to stop worrying about Sandpoint.  If your concerns are that great then help me.  Make plans and allow me to be a part of them as I have allowed you to be part of mine.  But you must stop worrying.  The seeds of change have already been planted.  That ship has sailed and can not be returned to dock.  Now we must guide it that the winds of life don't take it off course. "

Edited 1453420249
Syn sighs "Let me be more specific. You have explained the details of the business and growth part. What about the security measures? I am not talking of the petty stuff we deal with now. I am talking about the organized crime. Most notable the Scarzani. They have always been here, but have not been too big a problem because Sandpoint is small and of little account when we start working on your goals and Sandpoint starts growing do you think the Scarzzani here won't contact their family in Magnimar? That element will set it's eyes on Sandpoint, and what about the thieves guilds, they will be drawn here like bears to honey.These are what concerns, me not the growth and opportunity we provide to those willing to work for it. I am all for that, but we have to have some systems in place to deal with the other. How are we to do that when our attentions are divided between grand schemes and evil cults? You are starting something here that needs undivided attention and we do not have that luxury."
Miro considers her words for only a second or two.   "These are things I hadn't considered but as I give it thought there is nothing to do.  Or to be more specific these are not things that I can do anything about.  While I do have grand dreams of change not every aspect of this growth can fall on one man.  These concerns fall to those who would be directly involved.  Not to give you a political answer for that is not my goal but instead these are things that your ... "Father" is more apt to tackle than myself.  But I ask you this.  Do you think this world would ever change if people stopped at every possible eventuality?  You worry that the growth of Sandpoint will lead to its inevitable collapse but how can we say that its not worth doing just because bad things MIGHT happen.  Your knowledge of the guard and its need are far greater than mine.  Perhaps you yourself could see to some of these things.  As for the care of our assets in Sandpoint... as it grows Vrinn and I will be come business men and through our employ we will find people capable of such things when our adventures draw us away from home." Miro nods his head to the right in a matter of fact way and rises from the table.  "Now if you will excuse me I must see to Ameiko... I think she has taken my words the wrong way and must see that I havn't upset her too greatly."
" NO, DAMMIT! you have just made one of my points for me maybe you should have included the people who would be responseable before setting your grand plan in motion! GODS SAVE US FROM THE ARROGANCE OF WIZARDS!"
Miro turns back but or a moment and sighs.  "Only after they save us from the stagnancy of complacency."  In a calm and cool voice.  With that he walks away.