Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Invasion Era (Star Wars D6)

Edited 1454331740
Description: The Yuuzhan Vong invade forty-four years earlier than in the New Jedi Order books, prior to the Battle of Coruscant (between the end of Clone Wars and the beginning of Revenge of the Sith). The setting takes place two years later. The galaxy has changed quite in a but in that time. Anakin now openly married to Padme and the Skywalker twins now two years old, has stepped down as the liaison between the Galactic Republic, now governed by the new chancellor Bail Organa, and the splintering Jedi Order. Yoda has stepped down from running the Jedi Council after having a disturbing Force vision. Mace Windu has taken over this leadership position and placed Obi-Wan-Kenobi on the council as his right hand man. Palpatine, after taking a sizable fleet and resources has relocated to Dagobah with Yoda to start the Bendu-Jedi philosophy. This new direction in the Force appears to have a greater effect on the Yuuzhan Vong. Some Jedi and Padawan learners leave the Jedi Order to learn under these two masters. Young Jedi Knights are suggesting to Anakin he should start a New Jedi Order, one free of the hypocrisy and dogma of the old order. While confidence in the Jedi Order erodes in the face of the Yuuzhan Vong, the now ally of convenience, Confederacy of Independent Systems continues under the command of Count Dooku and his apprentice Ventress while Greivious commands the vast droid armies. In Hutt space, the families begin to spend freely from their coffers, hiring ships and mercenaries as well as unveiling their Shadow Fleet for the first time. As allies of convenience maneuver against one another, while still battling the Yuuzhan Vong onslaught, the players are thrust into a familiar yet very different and dangerous Star Wars universe where they are the heroes! What I Expect: There is a lot of action in this setting, but it will have a ton of roleplaying in it as well. I am looking for interesting player character concepts and players who will play in the first person and keep the meta-mechanics (out of game discussion) to a minimum. I expect players to bring energy to the table and be ready to add to the descriptive narrative of the game. What You Should Expect: This will be adventurous and action oriented. This is a new setting for you, so pay attention and look for me to ask you questions that help me detail the galaxy. I will call upon you to add to the narrative, describe things your character sees and above all I will expect you to play your character. I do not need an essay of your character but I would like some background, personality, goals, secrets, and a physical description. Date & Time: Mondays @11:30AM CST (GMT-6) Start Date: February-01 Rule System: Star Wars D6 REUP by West End Games Rules Download: Available for purchase here: <a href="http://www.rancorpit.com/whereToBuy.shtml" rel="nofollow">http://www.rancorpit.com/whereToBuy.shtml</a> Running Time: 2 1/2+ hours System Knowledge: None Minimum Maturity Level: 18+ Voice: Google Hangouts/Skype

Edited 1453779641
I think this Infinities setting will be a ton of fun. Questions anyone? Post'em up and I will do my best to answer them. For example, where is Moff Tarkin now? He does not become a Grand Moff until some years later because of his work on the Tarkin Doctrine and work at the Maw Installation with first the Death Star prototype then later the Death Star. Since the New Order is not established yet does there continue to be a cult of personality surrounding Palpatine? Have the last few years allowed Palpatine to place command personnel in enough key areas to make any real impact on the political mechanations of the Galactic Republic? If so and with Palpatine abdicating and going into seclusion what would those elements look like? Would they become their own power block within the Galactic Republic? Could it be manipulated or work with the CIS at crossends to the Galactic Republic? See? This is just a few questions I came up while snow balling. This has the potential to be awesome!
I see you're going all out with that Palpatine attempted to save the galaxy EU idea where he needed to militarize it for the threat he Force-saw. Two things I can see off the bat are you can handle the all Jedi/No Jedi problem by making the whole Yuuzang Vong untouched by the force. So the Han Solos have a "Decker" role dealing with Force immune enemies. Second this campaign could probably end with the Death Star saving Alderan from one of those Planet Sized Vong Fleet ships, which would be pretty fun. The major problem I see with your pitch is it is only a spitball of what-if? That does not a campaign make, You need a pretty core, condensed central story and issue for the party to be in and engaged with. It's cool to imagine what if England invaded America during the civil war, but unless you have some story of specific Cowboys robbing a train of English goods and accidentally finding&nbsp; Princess Helena on it, the rest of the idea of the backdrop is not a story.
Maimed Jester, I certainly have a story/adventure worked out. I was selling the background not the story. If no one has an interest in the setting who cares about the story. As for information, I have 4 pages of timeline and another 4 pages on individual factions. This is nothing more than saying, "Hey I got a Pathfinder Game" or "Forgotten Realms LFP" post. Are you suggesting I post a story arc even without knowing what the players will want to play? As for the Palpatine angle, it is much more involved than that. Palpatine and Yoda shared a Force Vision. They have not spoken to anyone about this, but it took place approximately the same time the Vong first attacked. Palpatine abdicates, puts out the call to some people he trusts, grabs assets and money and leaves. Yoda similarly does the same, leaving the Jedi Council. Shortly thereafter, Palpatine and Yoda set up the Force philosophy of the Bendu-Jedi on Dagobah. Palpatine uses the assets he took to blockade the system. Mace Windu takes over the Jedi Council, placing Obi-Wan in Yoda's vacant position. This move will place the Jedi in a more militaristic direction and this in turn strains the Order as it still continues to to hold to its dogma even while its actions are at cross purpose. Bail is elected the new leader of the Galactic Republic, placing many of his supported and those who were a part of the Petition of Thousand Worlds. He asks Anakin to be the Galactic Republics intermediary with the Jedi Order. Anakin and Padme, after the birth of their children announce they are married. The Jedi Order takes exception to this. Anakin tied of what he sees as hypocrisy within the Jedi leadership quits. This action has a polarizing affect on some of the new members of the Jedi Order who approach Anakin to start a New Jedi Order. In the next two years Bail finds hidden files that Palpatine had about the Jedi Order. This information is not explained but Bail feels the need to distance himself from the Jedi for the time being. Public opinion also changes towards the Jedi as it becomes known the Force does not affect the Vong and there are several defeats. Jedi are hearing that the Bendu-Jedi training appears to be successful when dealing with the Vong. A number of Jedi, new and longstanding Knights join the Bendu philosophy. Now we come around to the Separatists, keeping in mind the Vong invade prior to the Battle of Coruscant (Revenge of the Sith). Dooku is still running the CIS aided by his apprentice Ventress. Grievous continues to command the droid armies. The Galactic Republic and CIS enter into an uneasy alliance to defeat the Vong. Unknown to the Republic, Dooku and Ventress continue to maneuver against them. One plot involves training Force Sensitive youths in CIS controlled areas. The Hutts have been hit quite hard by the Vong and the families begin to spend freely of their sizable fortunes to hire ships and mercenaries, eventually unveiling a hidden fleet called the "Shadow Fleet". Now toss in other things like the Hapes Cluster, Corellia and its "weapon" and mix thoroughly, you see this becomes quite large, very quickly. You can run as many one-shot adventures or an entire campaign in this setting.
Bump ... Bump ...
No idea how this is not getting anymore traction than it is. Is it a start time issue?
Perhaps it is because it is too much of a change from the canon? If I read it correctly, the Jedi are split or are going to be split into three different factions. That does not include the Sith unless Dooku is going to continue that tradition? I like some of what you've proposed and I like the old West End SW d6 system but ideas like Yoda and the Emperor setting up shop together is a bit difficult to reconcile. Just my 2 cents and regardless, good luck.
I do not follow. Why do you feel this is a Jedi only setting? I ask because that was not my intent. I know the Palpatine/Yoda shared Force Vision is a hard pill to swallow, but then again, the setting is supposed to turn things on their head. From GM information, we do not even know how trustworthy he is even while establishing the Bendu-Jedi. Similar to the treaty between the Republic and the CIS, perhaps they have a shared interest or common ground of convenience. Who knows what Palpatine's true motives are?

Edited 1454450546
For those interested, this is not a Jedi only game. Just about any archetype can be played so long as it is one that can work with a group. We have played a single session so far and the direction of the group is that at least one is attached to the Republic, another to the CIS and the other two are independents contracted to the Republic. Current mission has them on a planet where the Republic and CIS are slugging it out, the Vong have appeared on the far edge of the solar system. They are sent to the planet to inform the Jedi general there about the Vong and to escape with as many assets as possible. But the general does not believe the characters without proof, so there you have it.&nbsp; Have an interest please contact me.
For those who wish to watch a session of Star Wars D6 here is a link to the two-session one-shot I did when I ran FFG's Escape from Mos Shuuta . Any questions please let me know. Escape from Mos Shuuta Part 1 Escape from Mos Shuuta Part 2
In the process of adding a bunch of pregenerated characters. Currently up to ... hmmm ... 13 or so.

Edited 1454972074
More pregens MU-HAHAHAH! Up to twenty total, most are fully fleshed out with a background, personality, goal/secret, equipment, etc.
Now with over 30 pregens! W00t W00t!

Edited 1455319571
Pm'd
Continue to add pregens, up to 38 now!
Pm'd
Bump Bump