Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Update 1/26: 5th Edition SRD Mega-Update: New Sheet, New Compendium, plus Compendium drag-and-drop integration!

Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll 20 team : - will you consider integrating translations of the SRD (the official french one is coming) if we (french Roll20 users) offers to convert it to the same json format you used ? - will it be possible to submit a french translation of the sheet ?

Edited 1454012477
I have an update on my previous bug reports (import problems with the Ghoul and the Giant Spider). It looks like for creatures that have complicated things that happen on their attacks, the attacks either don't render or aren't imported at all. For the Giant Spider - the error that prevented the Web action from showing is because of the data that was imported into the "to hit" field from the compendium. That field contained this line of text, which is a subset of what actually happens on a hit: "AC 10; hp 5; vulnerability to fire damage; immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage" I think when the sheet tries to calculate that, it just fails silently, and doesn't render the entire action. That data should probably be pushed into the description box - along with the full text of that attack's to hit: "The target is Restrained by webbing. As an action, the Restrained target can make a DC 12 Strength check, bursting the webbing on a success. The webbing can also be attacked and destroyed (AC 10; hp 5; vulnerability to fire damage; immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage)." For the Ghoul - it also has a complicated to hit action - "Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) slashing damage. If the target is a creature other than an elf or undead, it must succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or be Paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success."  This might be what prevents the attack from being imported? I also found that the import of the Ochre Jelly (pseudopod) and the Zombie failed to import its attack .  Not sure why, but maybe because it has two damage's that occur on a hit? If the import fails, maybe it can just dump the entire action text block into the description text block?
Dragging a giant frog into an NPC block did not populate several fields, including senses, HP, AC, type, and the available actions. Comparing its Attributes block to one that worked fine (Orc), I see that the Roll 0 field for the frog contains text, whereas the Orc's doesn't:  Roll 0 Bite 1d20 + 3 1d6+1
Kevin said: Pat said: Did not see anything for expertise or jack-of-all-trades.  Future development?  There is a configuration page that allows you to set both expertise and jack-of-all-trades. Though Jack of All Trades doesn't work on Initiative at the moment.

Edited 1454012202
Can we have the default for NPC's to always whisper rolls and always roll damage + crit?
Ben F. said: Can we have the default for NPC's to always whisper rolls and always roll damage + crit? I agree with the option to make these default, but make it an option, because personally (and probably many others) don't want whispering NPC rolls.
Three of Swords said: Kevin said: Pat said: Did not see anything for expertise or jack-of-all-trades.  Future development?  There is a configuration page that allows you to set both expertise and jack-of-all-trades. Though Jack of All Trades doesn't work on Initiative at the moment. This didn't work with the original release of the sheet to pro users, but if the campaign is setup with the latest sheet it seems to be working ok for me.
Minor suggestion:  For manual entry of NPCs, please have an entry field for passive Perception where we just fill in the numeric blank.  Every stat block has that stat.
Kevin said: This didn't work with the original release of the sheet to pro users, but if the campaign is setup with the latest sheet it seems to be working ok for me. You are correct, sir.  I missed that it worked.  Thank you for the clarification!  The bard in my group will be happy.
When using healing spell like Cure wounds or Healing word. The spell cards will pop in chatbox, but there doesn't seem to be  a way to have the healing amount roll. When you set it from  spellcard to attack you get some errors.  Also, I like how weight of items  is totaled up, but I don't see a field to set max carrying capacities and such.  
Monster Imports are not all working.  I tested a good sample, about 20, and found a few that just don't work. Acolyte - Fails Adult Dragons - Blue Dragon fails, the rest work. Air Elemental - Fails Gibbering Mouther - Fails Lemure - Fails Best to perhaps flag the monster content and import functions for further testing?
My campaign is currently using the 5E Shaped Character Sheet.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2146354/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2146354/5e-shape</a>... 1)&nbsp; If I convert the campaign to the new sheet, will my PCs lose all of their character information? 2)&nbsp; If I don't convert the campaign to the new sheet, is there any way to get the drag-and-drop monster feature for NPCs?&nbsp; (That will be such a huge time-saver....) Thanks!

Edited 1454022508
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael, the shaped sheet is being redesigned. It will have the drag and drop feature there very soon. It will also be able to convert old characters to the new system (though I'd recommend starting from scratch to prevent lag issues). It will also maintain most features from the shaped sheet which are currently missing on the OGL sheet.
Dorgrim said: Monster Imports are not all working.&nbsp; I tested a good sample, about 20, and found a few that just don't work. Yep, we're currently working right now to get those issues fixed. Just a small bug in the text processing. We're hoping to have an update out the door before the weekend with a fix.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott, the data will effectively be lost. Technically hidden as the attributes are not named the same.
Kryx said: Scott, the data will effectively be lost. Technically hidden as the attributes are not named the same. Okay, so is the best method for swapping over to just copy the whole campaign and use the new sheet in the copy, then port that info over?
Anyway a GM can block a player from looking up monsters, etc...?
There doesn't seem to be a way as it is either all on or all off. &nbsp;The same could be said for magic items, etc... The reality though... the SRD is out there... so if you are using anything from the SRD, people will have free access to it anyway... &nbsp;Sure it is slightly more available in the UI, but not that much more available.
It might just not be obvious, but I couldn't find a way of multiclassing on the sheet?
I am certainly interested in helping get the Pathfinder compendium up to speed. :D
In the list of attacks, could you set it up so we can either drag to reorder, or use +/- to reorder?
Kraft said: It might just not be obvious, but I couldn't find a way of multiclassing on the sheet? Options Gear, there is a mult-class section.
Pixelscapes said: In the list of attacks, could you set it up so we can either drag to reorder, or use +/- to reorder? Would love this, but don't think it's easily done. &nbsp;It's the only reason I haven't requested it already.
Scott H. said: Kryx said: Scott, the data will effectively be lost. Technically hidden as the attributes are not named the same. Okay, so is the best method for swapping over to just copy the whole campaign and use the new sheet in the copy, then port that info over? You could certainly just make a copy, and in the new copy change to the new sheet. What you'll likely see is that some data (such as the base stats) will show up for the Characters, but a lot of it (Spells, Inventory, etc.) will not appear since the new sheet and the other 5E sheets don't use the same data structure internally.
Pixelscapes said: In the list of attacks, could you set it up so we can either drag to reorder, or use +/- to reorder? It's actually already on our internal roadmap :-)
Riley D. said: Pixelscapes said: In the list of attacks, could you set it up so we can either drag to reorder, or use +/- to reorder? It's actually already on our internal roadmap :-) So much for my opinion! &nbsp;And I've rarely been so glad to be wrong about something.
Looking forward to proper documentation on their wiki for macro use and other things. Love it a lot more than the shaped, players can stop crying to me about how annoying putting in spells are. Spells in the OGL version seem to be okay, but it seems you can only have them set as 'Spellcards' or 'Attacks', no middleway in it, and even if you put damage attributes into the spell, it doesn't do anything unless it's set as 'Attack'. Healing is also weird, how do you add your spell casting ability to the spell? Hovering over a stat gives you @{stat_mod}, but how would I go adding this to the spell itself?
xDialtone said: Healing is also weird, how do you add your spell casting ability to the spell? Hovering over a stat gives you @{stat_mod}, but how would I go adding this to the spell itself? One of my players used an Attack for his Cure Wounds spell. Uncheck Attack. Make sure Damage is checked and the following fields are filled: Damage spot use: &nbsp;?{Level}d8 &nbsp;(or use&nbsp;?{Level}d8+?{Level} if he's a Life cleric) Change the Stat to the appropriate one (Wis). Add a Mod, if necessary (for example +2 if you're a Life cleric). For Type put Healing. Then when you click it It will then prompt you for what level of spell to use and use the appropriate dice. &nbsp;
Three of Swords said: xDialtone said: Healing is also weird, how do you add your spell casting ability to the spell? Hovering over a stat gives you @{stat_mod}, but how would I go adding this to the spell itself? One of my players used an Attack for his Cure Wounds spell. Uncheck Attack. Make sure Damage is checked and the following fields are filled: Damage spot use: &nbsp;?{Level}d8 &nbsp;(or use&nbsp;?{Level}d8+?{Level} if he's a Life cleric) Change the Stat to the appropriate one (Wis). Add a Mod, if necessary (for example +2 if you're a Life cleric). For Type put Healing. Then when you click it It will then prompt you for what level of spell to use and use the appropriate dice. &nbsp; From what I can tell, you can't change the stat. Also, what do you mean checked? The spell list doesn't have a check for damage or not, it's either put it in or not. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/jtlSEwO.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/jtlSEwO.png</a>
Brail said: Would be realy cool if you could drag/drop to Handouts as well, for handing out magic items or spell scrolls as treasure. +1

Edited 1454034532
Seems like the spell Magic Missile has some issues while importing. Doesn't seem to want to work properly.
I can't seem to drag a weapon to the Attacks and Spellcasting box from the compendium.
Bug: I have an NPC set to always roll advantage and whisper to GM. If I set a skill and click on the skill (Perception +2), the result comes up as:&nbsp; 17 | [1d20+2]&nbsp;
xDialtone said: From what I can tell, you can't change the stat. Also, what do you mean checked? The spell list doesn't have a check for damage or not, it's either put it in or not. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/jtlSEwO.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/jtlSEwO.png</a> Just so we're on the same page: &nbsp;Not in the Spells tab. &nbsp;In an Attack on the Core page you can do what I described and have a nice cast for a Cure Wounds spell.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Pixelscapes said: In the list of attacks, could you set it up so we can either drag to reorder, or use +/- to reorder? It's actually already on our internal roadmap :-) I would love to see that "roadmap" so I could plan my life better... ;-P +1000 for sorting/reordering repeating items!
Some Feats grant you proficiency in a saving throw for the stat of your choice. &nbsp;I checked the stat I wanted, but it gets cleared any time I change my character level. &nbsp;Seems like it's forcing the saving throw proficiencies based on your class every time you change your level.
The text field for NPC Actions appears to be too small. I just entered the Engulf action from a gelatinous cube and it cuts off a couple of lines early. &nbsp;I cannot enlarge the window any more, or scroll down, to see the remaining text.
Follow-up on the above: &nbsp;Consider allowing the Actions to be another column. &nbsp;Many of the more complex monsters in the Monster Manual do this.
My group plays with house rule critical damage. The rule is max damage + roll + mod, is there a way to do this? In the weapon details I listed the crit as just a number but noticed it's still rolling the damage dice twice.

Edited 1454048321
scott.holden.1970@hotmail.com
Roll20 Production Team
Is there a way to get the "Reactions" section of monster/NPC stat blocks to show up in the new char sheet?&nbsp;
Hey ! I know I am a little late to the party &nbsp;but this is awesome!!! Was ready for the compendium the moment OGL dropped but this Drop in is awesome ! &nbsp;and I have begun editing my personal sheets to be compatible with drag and drop and all good so far working nice and easy ; &nbsp;But quick question I don't think its available or has been said, but if it has Im sorry for missing it its a bit late. SO i was going through all the attributes and accepted values for spells and I wanted to check if there is an attribute name to use to accept and import the spell description, and if so is there a separate one for the 2-3 &nbsp;paragraphs that its generally formatted in. Ex: Fireball ( because we all love it ) The first paragraph is the description 1 thing i want :D and third paragraph is the at higher level description. I have separate text boxes for each would be nice to split it between the 2 by paragraph, if there isn't a tag i may find a &nbsp;way but thought to ask. Thanks ! and again great work.&nbsp; EDIT/UPDATE &nbsp;: Sorry ! I did miss the "content" tag to add the text description and that is working, and it is bringing ALL of it over so then &nbsp;just the second part is left. Anyway quick some one can think of to separate the paragraphs as separate accepted inputs OR if there may be a plan to add a higher lvl spell description attribute onto of just: Higher Spell Slot Dice, and&nbsp;Higher Spell Slot Dice or. Or if i missed that part too :P If not no worries just asking / curious / giving input. Ill work on something in the meantime. Thanks !&nbsp;
This is brilliant, and the sheet itself is very nice and very simple. Would it be possible to add a function to print a character sheet?

Edited 1454066899
Thats some great work beeing done here guys. Just 1 question. Is the warlock spell list not in yet? Cause i cant find it. Edit: Also the class Saving Throws are missing on the compendium. Other than the Barbarian, no other class has Saving throws listed.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Couple of things. First of all, great job DEV Team! This update is incredible! A few things missing, only one background is listed (acolyte) as well as only one Feat, and the first archetype of each class is listed, no others.&nbsp; Also I read in another comment the possibilities of "forking" off from the open compendium and allowing us to add our own "private compendium". This is extremely enticing to me, as I use several other sources such as Swords of the Coast, and the Unearthed Arcana supplements. I have a large campaign called "The NPC Sagas" with around 50 players and about 10 active DMs and a lot of players use rule sets from these other sources, as well as Homebrew as well. I am in the process of writing my own personal source guide as well (introducing several HB races such as Lizardfolk, Catfolk, and a variant Warforged just to name a few) so a private Compendium would be extremely helpful. Also I have tested Transmognifying sheets over to a "test" campaign, and have noted several things do not transfer. The core stats do, but things like AC, items, racial, background, macros, and several other parts of the old sheet are blank. No big deal, my players can fill that out again. However I was wanting to do a mass transfer to these sheets and to avoid losing data, is there a way to "duplicate" the campaign, so that these sheets from players unaware of this change don't lose their data? Any information would be of great appreciation as well as maybe an idea of the time frame I could expect for a "Private Compendium", as I create a ton of homebrew, from races, items, classes (and archetypes) as well as a slew of Monsters and NPCs
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Also if there is anything I can do to help, as far as the current compendium goes (or future 5e ones go, say you get licensing permissions to add in UA or other sorces) let me know, I would be thrilled to help. I have already spent hours (even weeks) on creating my own version of this in my campaign before this was realeased.&nbsp;
We'll take a look at the Saving Throws. The other stuff that's "missing" (backgrounds, feats, etc.) is because Wizards did not release it in the SRD, unfortunately, so we can't include it right now. Kevin K.(Desu) said: &nbsp;Higher Spell Slot Dice, and&nbsp;Higher Spell Slot Dice or. Or if i missed that part too :P If not no worries just asking / curious / giving input. Ill work on something in the meantime. Thanks !&nbsp; There should be an attribute called "Highter Spell Slot Dice" and "Higher Spell Slot Die" for each Spell now. We're working on getting it integrated into the OGL sheet. Tom said: Some Feats grant you proficiency in a saving throw for the stat of your choice. &nbsp;I checked the stat I wanted, but it gets cleared any time I change my character level. &nbsp;Seems like it's forcing the saving throw proficiencies based on your class every time you change your level. We'll take a look at that, thanks. -- I'm going to be working with Steve to make a list of all the outstanding things we've seen feedback-wise that we'll be working on in the coming weeks, we'll make a new post with a "Roadmap" to keep everyone updated. A few things (like fixing the Monster imports that are broken and figuring out how to handle healing spells) should hopefully make it out today, but the rest will likely wait until next week. Thanks for putting the sheet through its paces and giving us your opinions -- we're excited to keep improving it so your games keep getting better!

Edited 1454074555
Jen
Pro
Couple of bug reports which I hope are small: On the NPC version of the sheet in Chrome, when customizing an NPC, I can't scroll down far enough to click "add" for actions. The button flickers into existence for a second, but I can't get it before it vanishes. Maybe if we had a forced line break at the very end of the sheet or something... If you go in the Compendium to find anything with an apostrophe in the name, it gives a 404 not found. Like Burglar's Pack, Alchemist's Supplies, etc...&nbsp; Also, so glad to hear you're working on letting us drag spells to a different order! Hopefully the same thing will work for other lists like attacks, inventory, whatever. Thanks for all your hard work on this sheet!
Come to think of it, do you want only feature suggestions here, or specific bugs we encounter? (For example, dragging an Adult Blue Dragon from the Compendium into an NPC sheet doesn't import the saves or actions)