Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Update 1/26: 5th Edition SRD Mega-Update: New Sheet, New Compendium, plus Compendium drag-and-drop integration!

Searched for death in the compendium and clicked on Combat: Instant Death and it brought up the high level Combat section. It would be more useful if it took you exactly to the subheading. Hopefully the current is not the intended function. H
Great job! I've been hungry for an online reference, this is awesome! I notice that details on the Mountain Dwarf is missing from the Dwarf sub-race section.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dwarf#cont" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dwarf#cont</a>... Was that because of something in the SRD, intentional, or just an oops? Thanks for the hard work.
HLazar said: Searched for death in the compendium and clicked on Combat: Instant Death and it brought up the high level Combat section. It would be more useful if it took you exactly to the subheading. Hopefully the current is not the intended function. H It should indeed take you directly to the sub-heading. What browser were you using? And was this inside a game or outside of a game? UberGROG said: Great job! I've been hungry for an online reference, this is awesome! I notice that details on the Mountain Dwarf is missing from the Dwarf sub-race section.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dwarf#cont" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dwarf#cont</a>... Was that because of something in the SRD, intentional, or just an oops? Thanks for the hard work. Not in the SRD.

Edited 1454079869
Riley D. said: It should indeed take you directly to the sub-heading. What browser were you using? And was this inside a game or outside of a game? I was inside a game that I created as a sandbox using Chrome browser (beta track if that makes a difference). Glad to hear it is intended to be directly linked.
HLazar said: Riley D. said: It should indeed take you directly to the sub-heading. What browser were you using? And was this inside a game or outside of a game? I was inside a game that I created as a sandbox using Chrome browser (beta track if that makes a difference). Glad to hear it is intended to be directly linked. I think I got it fixed. Reload if you're already in-game.

Edited 1454081188
I'm currently playing around with the new sheet in a retired campaign of mine. I like it so far, but for some reason when I add &nbsp;a weapon from the compendium to my PCs, the sheet adds the corresponding attack only&nbsp;for one of the characters. What is the auto fill feature dependant&nbsp;on?
Riley D. said: Kevin K.(Desu) said: &nbsp;Higher Spell Slot Dice, and&nbsp;Higher Spell Slot Dice or. Or if i missed that part too :P If not no worries just asking / curious / giving input. Ill work on something in the meantime. Thanks !&nbsp; There should be an attribute called "Highter Spell Slot Dice" and "Higher Spell Slot Die" for each Spell now. We're working on getting it integrated into the OGL sheet. Thanks for the response but what my question meant it may &nbsp;have been a little unclear as I&nbsp;scribbled&nbsp;it last night. To try to do a better job : I found the "content" attribute which was the main thing I was looking for, sorry for missing that at first and it does what i wanted which is give me the spell description that is in the compendium. Also the&nbsp;Higher Spell Slot Dice, and Higher Spell Slot Dice attributes work fine &nbsp;the way i coded them in my sheet aswell and had no issues with those worked on first try before i even dealt with description/ content. My question was if you'd think it would be possible to either add a new field for some thing like &nbsp;"Higher Spell Slot Description/Effect/Content" so What was written in the 3rd paragraph could go in a separate box on my char sheet for example for fireball the third paragraph is "At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 3rd." so that can be in its own neat space vs at the bottom of description, and if that would just make things too bulky adding another attribute I get that &nbsp;it was a suggestion / question. If not though if anyone could think of a way to split the input of the text that is in the "Content" area between two text areas I had 2 ideas that didnt work so far :P but that was all. Thanks for the response and hope to hear more and things are looking great.&nbsp;

Edited 1454083165
Jen
Pro
The "Combat: Instant Death" link is working now! (and the post below was just a double)

Edited 1454086959
Jen
Pro
All right, here's the list of monsters/NPCs I can't get to import into a sheet correctly. Usually it's missing actions after the drag: Commoner Doppelganger Adult Blue Dragon Hawk Air Elemental Fire Elemental Ghost Giant Frog Giant Octopus Griffin Horse Kobold Gray Ooze Owl Specter Succubus/Incubus (this comes up as missing -- maybe the slash?) Swarm of Quippers Swarm of Poisonous Snakes Warhorse Wraith Hope this helps.
This is totally awesome. Transferring over characters from my old 5e game and my first issue is that I'd like to have a way to indicate which items in the "equipment" section are actually equipped or not, especially for things like shields, which a fighter may swap out to use a 2H weapon.&nbsp;
I love the updated Roll Template, much cleaner!&nbsp; I did find an issue with the Giant Rat missing data, no HP or Attack or AC when pulled from the compendium.&nbsp; Also the Chuul's attack was failing due to the grab being listed on the second damage field, moving that to the effects section fixes it.&nbsp; I am also still running into an issue when assigning a token for an NPC, the HP only fills in the max field and not in the the base field on the token. This is looking up! Thanks&nbsp;
I could not find Fire Bolt in the spell compendium, also having issues with shocking grasp it seems to roll the 2D20 for the attack roll, but it does not roll the 1D8 for the damage been trying to tweak it so it shows however, I am not having much luck with it at the moment :(&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Chris H. said: I could not find Fire Bolt in the spell compendium The 5th Edition SRD Compendium contains every spell in the 5th Edition SRD .

Edited 1454094584
Following in Pixelscapes's footsteps... Current Issues with Monsters Not Fully Importing Stats (i.e. attacks, hitpoints) Acolyte Air Elemental Ape Awakened Shrub Awakened Tree Axe Break Badger Bat Black Pudding Blink Dog Blood Hawk Camel Cat Centaur Cockatrice Constrictor Snake Darkmantle Death Dog Deer Doppleganger Draft Horse Druid Dust Mephit Eagle Elk Fire Elemental Flesh Golem Flying Snake Frog Gelatinous Cube Ghasy Ghoul All monsters starting with "Giant" Gibbering Mouther Goat Gray Ooze Griffon Grimlock Harpy Hippogriff Hyena Ice Mephit Imp Invisible Stalker Jackal Killer Whale Kobold Lemure Lion Lizard Magma Mephit Magmin Mastiff Merfolk Mule Ochre Jelly Octopus Ogre Zombie Owl Panther Pegasus Poisonous Snake Polar Bear Pny Pseudodragon Quasit Quipper Rat Raven Riding Horse Rug of Smothering Sea Horse Shadow Shrieker Specter Spider Spy Steam Mephit All monsters starting with "Swarm" Tiger Unicorn Violet Fungus Vulture Warhorse Weasel Wererat Weretiger Werewolf Wraith Zombie Not Found Succubus/Incubus
I can't see Ranger or Paladin spells in the compendium above but they are available if you search?
@ Zerodaggerz Appreciate the list! I would hold off for just a bit before doing any more digging, though, as we're about an hour away from pushing out an update that should fix at least *some* of these (hopefully all, but at least some).
Pixelscapes said: The "Combat: Instant Death" link is working now! (and the post below was just a double) Confirmed. Thanks for the quick fix. H
This all looks great. &nbsp;When looking through the compendium, I only saw one entry under the "Backgrounds" categoy (the Acolyte). &nbsp;Is this part still a work in progress, or did the others not load correctly?

Edited 1454096372
Riley D., &nbsp;In that case I shall patiently wait. :)
Craig M. said: This all looks great. &nbsp;When looking through the compendium, I only saw one entry under the "Backgrounds" categoy (the Acolyte). &nbsp;Is this part still a work in progress, or did the others not load correctly? Hi Craig! There actually is only 1&nbsp;Background on the&nbsp; SRD , so that is the only one we can include in our Compendium at this time, as more become available we’ll add them.
Hello all! Thank you very much for your feedback so far! We are definitely listening and gathering all your info! In order to help our developers keep things organized, we have started a&nbsp; new thread in the Character Sheet forum . If you are having issues with the functionality of the official 5th Edition Sheet, please head to the new thread to ask for help or provide feedback. Please continue to use this thread for feedback and questions on the overall changes to the Compendium and its integration into the Virtual Tabletop.
I am not sure if this question has already been asked in a different thread, and I apologize if it has been, but is there currently a way I can make use of all the features offered to me by this update while not using the Character Sheet alone, specifically ? Thank you in advance! This update is amazing and you guys rock :D
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
AJ said: I am not sure if this question has already been asked in a different thread, and I apologize if it has been, but is there currently a way I can make use of all the features offered to me by this update while not using the Character Sheet alone, specifically ? Thank you in advance! This update is amazing and you guys rock :D You can set which compendium to use in your game from the Game Settings page. That way you can use the sheet without the compendium, or the compendium with a different sheet.
Steve K. said: AJ said: I am not sure if this question has already been asked in a different thread, and I apologize if it has been, but is there currently a way I can make use of all the features offered to me by this update while not using the Character Sheet alone, specifically ? Thank you in advance! This update is amazing and you guys rock :D You can set which compendium to use in your game from the Game Settings page. That way you can use the sheet without the compendium, or the compendium with a different sheet. Thank you! That worked =)
Four suggestions to make my life easier: 1) If the SRD creatures could come pre-loaded with a token that would be awesome. 2) If a token is connected to an NPC sheet, you should be able to double click to bring up the sheet. (Or rightclick to get it from the menu). At the moment I need to do a seperate search to find what I need which feels like double handling. 3) On tokens, have a method to preset what the bars are set as - such as hp, ac etc. Most people are likely to have standard approach so allowing them to not have to fill in the fields every time would be very handy. 4) With NPC tokens, if the bars are set as hp etc, every new NPC dragged from the list is an original, so changing bar values on one does not affect others.&nbsp; This is awesome so far. Really hoping you get a licence to do the full D&D content - I'll pay more for it.
Smiler said: Four suggestions to make my life easier: 1) If the SRD creatures could come pre-loaded with a token that would be awesome. Would be really nice, but due to copyrights on artwork it cannot be done without licensing. 2) If a token is connected to an NPC sheet, you should be able to double click to bring up the sheet. (Or rightclick to get it from the menu). At the moment I need to do a seperate search to find what I need which feels like double handling. Hold shift and double click on the token. &nbsp;This should bring up what you want. 3) On tokens, have a method to preset what the bars are set as - such as hp, ac etc. Most people are likely to have standard approach so allowing them to not have to fill in the fields every time would be very handy. 4) With NPC tokens, if the bars are set as hp etc, every new NPC dragged from the list is an original, so changing bar values on one does not affect others.&nbsp; When you set the NPC, DONT tie the Bar to an attribute, just enter it as like 40/40. &nbsp;Then when its saved, it won't change others. This is awesome so far. Really hoping you get a licence to do the full D&D content - I'll pay more for it.
Greetings Sheet Authors! Looking for a place to chat Compendium integration? Head to this thread:&nbsp; [Sheet Authors] Compendium Integration documentation now available - to leave feedback abd get help intehrating your Sheet!

Edited 1454173271
For NPC:&nbsp; Is there a way to hide the attack description/effects and only show the attack rolls? My Players love seeing the rolls, but I want to hide some effects. For example; Giant Spider Show the attack roll but do not show the "and the target must make ....."&nbsp; (or whisper to GM) For some monsters you don't want the players to see all the effects, know the DC, when it will end, etc. There is an option to show effects only, would be great to show attack roll only also.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mark, that is rather difficult to do via roll20. There is no permission for showing the GM certain things and the players other things. I set it up to work on the shaped sheet with some custom css via browser plugin (assuming players don't also do it). It works for me. (Though we should discuss it elsewhere to not thread cap)
Thanks for the reply Kryx. Maybe have the sheet show attack only, desc only or both.&nbsp; All being shown (or whispered) to public or GM.
I have noticed a small issue with the sheet. Tool proficiency, passive perception and skill proficiency boxes on the core page overlap.&nbsp; Also I was wondering if the absence of most of the warlock spells and some of the monsters was a licence issue or just a work in progress thing :) Otherwise it is pretty awesome.&nbsp;
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Sebastian K. said: Tool proficiency, passive perception and skill proficiency boxes on the core page overlap. Could you perhaps post a screenshot and your screen resolution? Thanks. Also I was wondering if the absence of most of the warlock spells and some of the monsters was a licence issue or just a work in progress thing :) Unfortunately, it's the former. The 5th Edition SRD Compendium contains every spell in the 5th Edition SRD .

Edited 1454200056
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The&nbsp; Pathfinder Compendium was introduced over 5 months ago( Pathfinder Compendium Editing Live ) yet appears to have been neglected... ;-( &nbsp; Due to the excitement over the 5e Compendium and character sheet integration there are many PF users voicing their desire to have the same functionality on the Pathfinder sheet. &nbsp;Will the Pathfinder compendium be opened back up for editing since this may be an opportune time to solicit volunteers... or will it be possible for the Devs to "import" the&nbsp; Pathfinder SRD similar to the way 5e has been done? &nbsp;Thanks
First, love the update, thanks! Small thing I noticed with the new sheet: The HP clickable for NPC's (roll_npc_hpformula) doesn't have the `wtype` attribute so it's always saying global. Also, count me in for looking to help contribute to this page in the future.

Edited 1454232241
Ok, this SRD is awesome. Really, thank you! But I found some things missing: -&nbsp;backgrounds other than Acolyte - feats other than Grappler
Jake M. said: Smiler said: Four suggestions to make my life easier: 1) If the SRD creatures could come pre-loaded with a token that would be awesome. Would be really nice, but due to copyrights on artwork it cannot be done without licensing. 2) If a token is connected to an NPC sheet, you should be able to double click to bring up the sheet. (Or rightclick to get it from the menu). At the moment I need to do a seperate search to find what I need which feels like double handling. Hold shift and double click on the token. &nbsp;This should bring up what you want. 3) On tokens, have a method to preset what the bars are set as - such as hp, ac etc. Most people are likely to have standard approach so allowing them to not have to fill in the fields every time would be very handy. 4) With NPC tokens, if the bars are set as hp etc, every new NPC dragged from the list is an original, so changing bar values on one does not affect others.&nbsp; When you set the NPC, DONT tie the Bar to an attribute, just enter it as like 40/40. &nbsp;Then when its saved, it won't change others. This is awesome so far. Really hoping you get a licence to do the full D&D content - I'll pay more for it. Ooo. Thanks muchly for the shift double click advice. That will make things much easier.
Marcloure said: Ok, this SRD is awesome. Really, thank you! But I found some things missing: -&nbsp;backgrounds other than Acolyte - feats other than Grappler Roll20 has included everything allowed by the SRD provided by Wizards of the Coast. &nbsp;If you look at the official SRD from Wizards you will see that it too has only the Acolyte background and Grappler feat.
Kevin said: Marcloure said: Ok, this SRD is awesome. Really, thank you! But I found some things missing: -&nbsp;backgrounds other than Acolyte - feats other than Grappler Roll20 has included everything allowed by the SRD provided by Wizards of the Coast. &nbsp;If you look at the official SRD from Wizards you will see that it too has only the Acolyte background and Grappler feat. What a shame. Well, I guess putting a bit of my own effort isn't going to kill me. Thanks for replying.&nbsp;
Are you going to add a spot to add bonuses to saving throws? and maybe letting you make macros that tie into our attacks/spells through the feature and ability slot
Vince said: The&nbsp; Pathfinder Compendium was introduced over 5 months ago( Pathfinder Compendium Editing Live ) yet appears to have been neglected... ;-( &nbsp; Due to the excitement over the 5e Compendium and character sheet integration there are many PF users voicing their desire to have the same functionality on the Pathfinder sheet. &nbsp;Will the Pathfinder compendium be opened back up for editing since this may be an opportune time to solicit volunteers... or will it be possible for the Devs to "import" the&nbsp; Pathfinder SRD similar to the way 5e has been done? &nbsp;Thanks The Pathfinder SRD is...quite a bit more complex than the 5E SRD currently is. Our intent is definitely to get the Pathfinder compendium to a point where it is as high-quality as the 5E one. We learned a ton importing the 5E SRD. I know when the Pathfinder compendium was released, some folks started editing things and things broke, etc. Most of those bugs should now be fixed. However, at the same time, our original idea that anyone on Roll20 would edit the Compendium seems to be pretty flawed. All we got was a lot of folks making nonsense pages, deleting pages, vandalizing pages, etc. So now we've switched a method where anyone can help, but we have to manually approve them. We'll be meeting this morning on this very topic and you can assume there will be a forum post shortly calling for volunteers and getting us organized for both the 5E and Pathfinder compendiums. With that said, in addition to allowing editing, my goal is to hopefully re-examine the Pathfinder compendium and take stock of where we are in terms of if we should scrap what we have and re-import based on what we know now from the 5E SRD. We'll provide an update on all that stuff here very shortly!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm sorry to ask again, but,&nbsp; Roll 20 team : - will you consider integrating translations of the SRD (the official french one will be probably be available in a near future) if we (french Roll20 users) offers to convert it to the same json format you used ? - will it be possible to submit a french translation of the 5ed SRD sheet ?
Natha said: I'm sorry to ask again, but,&nbsp; Roll 20 team : - will you consider integrating translations of the SRD (the official french one will be probably be available in a near future) if we (french Roll20 users) offers to convert it to the same json format you used ? - will it be possible to submit a french translation of the 5ed SRD sheet ? We're discussing both of these internally. The short answer is that yes, we want to support both of these things. But we don't have a method for actually doing it yet. We'll make a post letting you know when we do. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Edited 1454363558
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wanna Help with the Roll20 Compendium? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2909459/wanna-he" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2909459/wanna-he</a>... Thanks for this. &nbsp;I'm specifically interested in helping with the Pathfinder compendium in order to expedite character sheet implementation.&nbsp;The above mentions needing to be familiar with the&nbsp; OGL ,&nbsp; SRD , and wiki editing. &nbsp;How "familiar" does one need to be with the OGL and SRD in order to help? Thanks
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Riley D. said: Natha said: I'm sorry to ask again, but,&nbsp; Roll 20 team : - will you consider integrating translations of the SRD (the official french one will be probably be available in a near future) if we (french Roll20 users) offers to convert it to the same json format you used ? - will it be possible to submit a french translation of the 5ed SRD sheet ? We're discussing both of these internally. The short answer is that yes, we want to support both of these things. But we don't have a method for actually doing it yet. We'll make a post letting you know when we do. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Thank you for answering, Riley.
No problem! @Vince: Just familiar enough that when we say "don't include things that aren't in the SRD/released under the OGL" you know what that means and will listen to us :-) I'm sure you're more than qualified :P.
While many bugs have been addressed (and likely this one is considered lower priority), just making sure it doesn't get lost in the thread as it grows: Bug Report: Browsing to Categories:Items any item with an ' fails to load the item/page. e.g. - Alchemist's Supplies
I am also interested in helping with the SRD, however I am curious if there will be a specific queue of tasks/issues to tackle or if this is more free form finding and fixing errors.