Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GuloxMiro 22nd of Neth, the Rusty Dragon during chess.

The tension in the room is palpable, both humans and elves unsure of who will attack first. It is comforting to Gulo, it keeps his mind sharp. He looks at the man sitting oposite to him, the halfing slave, he moves his piece hap hazardly, not truly paying attention to the game "You are a...Cleric then? Thou you could be an elf wizard, I could never tell the difference. I found such study a waste of time for someone like me."
Miro looks from his king to his Dragon and its castle.  With every shift of Gulo's eyes Miro reads the moves between them.  As if the board moves without them he sees each peice move in all their wonderful combinations until he reads his next move.  Not wanting to thouroughly destroy Gulo Miro had long since decided that Gulo would enjoy showing superiority over Miro in a game of tactics and as Gulo would see this more akin to battle than game Miro decides to let him win late as if the battle were a challenge.  "I am neither a cleric or a wizard.... I am a thaumaturge, A worker of all magics no matter their origin.  And that is strange... for your analytical mind would do well in higher studies."
Gulo moves a piece, paying more attention to the room then the board "I was not created for casting spells, it is the same reason your god made you for that and not swinging a blade."
Nero slowly begins to move the pieces that will lead to his inevitable defeat at this game of dragons chess. " be that as it may there may not be room for you to learn even if only in a minor capacity remember if you seek to learn Arcana or magic of the divine seek me out sometime and I will happily teach you, but for now I say we finish this game and keep a closed mind on this room if the air becomes any heavier hear I fear it may snuff me out just by the sheer weight of it.  If things go bad I will be moving behind you but no I will support you."
As he moves his piece into the check a maniacal glee dances around his lips as he speaks "That proves my point, the Ashen Bull made me to be a soldier and in times like this I excel, the thick tension of the room is sweeter then perfume knowing that any moment two seasoned military units could devolved into a bloody conflict!" 
Miro shakes his head quietly for a moment as he shifts his last remaining Dragon to defend his inevitable defeat.  "Care Gulo... while you find this atmosphere to be........ pleasant remember you are in a community.  In such situations it is the same as being on enemy ground... I belive the saying is when on enemy ground do as your enemies do..."  Miro looks about cautiously as he scuttles out of his chair.  Miro reaches over the table and knocks his King over before walking back to his place towards the end of Vrinns display with Gildy.  Miro had done what he had hoped to do... keep Gulo and Chuffy safe.