Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Vrinn x Wheel (24th of Neth)

After letting the half-Drow lad settle in to Sandpoint, Vrinn goes to fetch him, bringing him to the jewelers "Right, I promised ye some work, an' this is it" he says, opening up the shop's door and ushering him inside. "Ye said you're good with ye hands, so I'm gonna have ye apprentice a jeweler, if ye want it. O' course..." he begins, closing the door behind them to ensure they're alone "...there'll be other requirements t' th' job that involve discretion, but ye'll be paid handsomely an' be learnin' a few things along th' way."
Wheel shoves his hands in his pockets and stares at Vrinn with his good eye. "Yeah." He looks around the front of the room quickly. "Killed by Skinsaw." He says simply. "Marked with the Skinsaw star?"
"Aye, ye heard about that, did ye?" he asks, moving into the store proper, inviting Wheel to come along with him. "I suppose every tragedy has it's silver linin'. After all, if they weren't killed, I wouldn't have had th' opportunity to buy the business, an' I wouldn't have a job for ye..." he remarks while giving the young lad a tour. "But, I have a special job in mind for ye, somethin' a bit more than just a jeweler's apprentice..."
The boy narrows his eyes but doesn't respond. Instinctively, he shifts back  and seems prepared to take flight. "Gotta kill sum'un?"
Smirking, Vrinn shakes his head "No, nothin' like that. Ye see..." Vrinn begins, putting his arm around the boy's shoulders "...I run somewhat of a side business in Sandpoint here. Other people lose things, my people find things, an' I'm goin' t' need someone t' find a way to turn those things int' other things. That's where you'll come in..."
Wheel drops suddenly and dodges out of Vrinn's embrace, looking uncomfortable. "Yeah. Fencin'." He scans the shop with his good eye and nods. "So? What do I do?"
Shrugging his own shoulder's at the lad's skittishness, Vrinn hops up on the bar, looking at the half-Drow "I'll be goin' t' Magnimar t' find someone t' run th' place when I'm out o' town. You'll be learnin' th' trade from them. Hopefully I'll find somoene who can look th' other way. All I'll be wantin' you t' do is melt down the things that happen to come our way, so ye can both make 'em into somethin' else we can sell." he explains quietly, watching Wheel well, making note of any disfavourable expressions. "Think ye can do that?"
The boy frowns. "Yeah? Where's y' forge, Gol' Top? Jewelers sell. Smiths melt, yeah."

Edited 1454477725
With a hint of smugness, Vrinn points in the direction of a door at the rear of the store "Through there" he explains "We'll only be havin' one t' start with while you're learnin', but if ye prove yer worth, I'll be buildin' ye one for yer own"