Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Vrinn x Grosilge (25th of Neth)

Vrinn sits on the sand of Sandpoint's beach, Grosilge in his lap with his arms wrapped around her, his hands resting on her belly. A picnic basket sits beside them, now empty, their pair having spent the evening having a romantic dinner under the stars, the waves lapping at the shore in the background. Feeling the tumultuous movement under his hands from his goblin wife's pregnant belly, he smiles, kissing the tip of one of her ears
Grosilge settles into the warmth of Vrinn, the arm being chilly by the sea in the winter. "Vrinn," she begin in her thick accent. "I have a question...You can say no, if you want." She looks up at him.
He sits up a little straighter, pulling out the blanket he had brought with him and wrapping it around their bodies, cuddling up with her to keep them warm "Aye, ye know ye can ask me anythin'" he says, smiling
"I like ...your yellow scarf. I know," she thinks a moment, taking time to choose her words. "I think it's important to you. May I have some? It's so pretty and it reminds me of you and your hair and your skin and it's not covered in blood or anything!"
Chuckling at her astute description, he smiles and unwraps the shawl "Aye, tis very important t' me. I'm sure ye've seen me wrap meself up in it in th' mornin', prayin' t' Calistria..." he begins as he drapes it around her "...tis an ritual that I have t' perform to show the Goddess she's still in me heart" he explains, the far too large piece of yellow silk encasing Grosilge "What would ye want some for?" 
She strokes the silk. "It smells like you...and when you go away...I miss how you smell." To punctuate her point she shoves her face in the fabric and inhales deeply. "What if I have my pups while you're gone? They won't know your smell..."
Thinking for a moment, he nods "Aye, true, I can't promise I'll always be here." he says thoughtfully. Smoothing out the silk, he leans forward slightly to kiss the top of her head. "And aye, I can always pick up some more in Magnimar when we leave for there later in th' week. So aye, ye can have it" he promises as he removes it from his person entirely, wrapping her up in it completely. "There's an added bonus that comes with this shawl too... If ye pray t' Calistria while wrappin' yeself up in it, she might even be able t' hear ye better"
Gildie hugs the silk close, thankful for it's warmth and smell. "Does Kallistoria like my people?"
"Calistria..." he begins, correcting her pronunciation "...doesn't necessarily judge a person on their race. O' course she is favoured by th' elves, an' she might favour th' elves a bit more because of it, but I can't be certain." he explains. "But certainly she wouldn't deny a follower just because they're a goblin, or an orc, even a dwarf. All people can feel emotions of lust, can be full o' tricks, and thirst for vengeance from time t' time. The Lady in the Room personifies those aspects of a person, heightens them, rewards ye for them" Pausing for a moment, he hugs his wife tighter "An' besides, I'm sure she'd love t' have a follower such as yeself. Any god or goddess would"
Grosilge seems to consider this thought. "Perhaps, I will tell my people about her... We new gods to protect us since the Mother of Monsters, Our Mother..." she hesitates and pups in her belly quake with her anxiety. "There's no one to protect my people now except the Dawn Flowers."
"Aye, that'd be a grand idea indeed!" Vrinn exclaims excitedly "Maybe even while we rebuild the Pixie's Kitten, we could have Calistria's altar more accessible to anyone who want's t' pray there, human and goblin alike. An' as for protectin', well, ye know to what length's we'll go too if someone crosses us..." his enthusiasm is brought down a little as his memory flashed back to the ugly situation with Dizzy for a moment. "But aye, I'm thinking that th' goblins here would do well under Calistria's gaze"
Grosilge nods at this. "Maybe...I'll write Kallistia a song." The idea make a grin form across her face. "Ja, ja!" The goblin bard claps and starts humming a few notes and rhythms. "Tell me all about her...I need to know what she likes!"
At this Vrinn recounts the tales and stories he's heard about the Lady in the Room, the Savoured Sting. Stories from his childhood, stories he's heard as an adult, even going into depth on his dream-like encounter with her after his apparent death, along with what Anna has told him of her, and what knowledge he had garnered during his brief stay at the Dome in Magnimar. He speaks about her for hours, pointing out her constellation in the stars above them as the night grows long.