Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for players for homebrew system

Some close friends and I have been working on a RP system for quite some time. We're happy with what we have and would like to get some more opinions on it. The system can be applied to any campaign genre, and is designed to specifically be driven through narrative. It's a very adaptable system that has few rules and can be played for one-shot sessions or extended campaigns. If you have any interest in trying something new and fun out, this might be what you're looking for. 
I'd be interested in seeing what this is all about!
Hows dose this system work for RP focused game.
I've created a homebrew game over the last year and frankly I need a new system for it. Quite interested in this.
can i join?
I would be interested in learning more about this.
Thanks for all the interest! I'd love to give some more details about the system, there's not a lot of information to go over but I'm at school right now so I can't make a very long post. I'll make a post going over the general rules but I'm also happy to have a live conversation about it if people have time for that.
Im up for that. I will PM you my skype.
Basically, the system's rules are all designed to encourage narrative-driven storytelling. A character sheet is essentially a 3x3 grid of player-made descriptors of the way their character interacts with certain types of situations. These descriptors are called "aspects", and they can be used in any situation where applicable. Players are also given motivation points, which allow them to effect the outcome of rolls, and to eventually add more aspects to their grid. The important thing to remember is that actions taken by characters are tied to their aspects, so they need to add narrative that relates to the aspects they use. The purpose of the game is to really encourage collaborative storytelling. If anyone has time this evening, I'll be available to go over the details of gameplay and show example character sheets, etc. I should be free around 8-9 PM EST. 
I'd love to know more as well; I've been searching for a system for a setting I've been wanting to do with my friends, so adaptable narrative heavy ones are what I've primarily looking into.