Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Modules

OK, am I am pretty new D20 player, and have been tinkering and made a couple of purchases in the Marketplace.  Recently I came across modules. It seems like these are to be canned adventures complete with all o fthe maps that you would require, but can someone explain them to me like I am five? And, like, maybe a dull five?

Edited 1454969751
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
These are effectively like the paper modules you might purchase for playing around a real table top.  Generally, they will have some number of maps, some number of pre-created characters (player characters and non-player characters are a possibility), and handouts describing the scenario of the game.  They are intended to be purchased by the Game Master and then run for a selection of players.  Some modules feature integration with community character sheets, music, dynamic lighting (if you have a subscription), custom card decks, rollable tables, etc. What more would you like to know about them? Are there any specific modules you wanted more information about?
At this stage I don't know what I don't know, lol. I'm interested in the concept and will likely look more deeply into them as spending a few bucks to make my life easier. 
there is a free one for pathfinder, crow's nest something or other. It should give you a good overview of what a module would have and a fair look at a lot of roll 20 features.
Crow's Nest Island is free, yes.  Just create a new game, and it will give you the option to use the module.  Take note, the storyline is not embedded in to the Roll20 notes, you'll have to download a pdf for that (about 30 pages I believe).  It was very simple to use, though would be nice if the story was placed straight in GM only handouts so you didn't have to muck about with the pdf.  That's the only one I have any information on, but it was well worth the price *wink* and a good 'first' campaign. -Nim
Thanks so much everyone, that was so helpful!