Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Serenity] character sheet - questions and hopes

If anyone has the time, access and know-how, a character sheet for ships in this system would be greatly appreciated! I may be able to do so myself, eventually, but I figured I'd put it out there. Many thanks to Nico Marrero for your efforts in putting together the current character sheet! Its existence convinced me to choose Roll20 over another VTT. In using it, though, I noticed a few things that confounded me. First, listing Strength as the first attribute when characters in the book all start with Agility.  It's a small thing, but got to be tedious when setting up NPCs.  Second, there are several listings among the assets and complications that have me scratching my head; things like two minor entries that appear to offer minor and major bonuses or two major entries with different bonuses/penalties for the same trait, etc. Don't know if they're intentional or errors. Specific example of the latter circumstance - Allure (Major) has 2 entries - one that appears to match the book (plot point cost/benefit doubled) and one which does not (+4 Socializing).  Is the second entry an alternate house rule that made its way into the base sheet or do you assume the four points gets you both benefits? There are several of these - Athlete (Major), Born Behind the Wheel (Major), Cortex Spectre (Minor and Major), etc. Specific example of the former circumstance - Heavy Tolerance (Minor) has 2 listings, both of which give 2 as the point cost, but one gives a +2 and one a +4. The book doesn't list a Major form of this Trait, but being able buy 2 more steps for the same cost doesn't make any sense, either. House rule? If Nico or anyone else can shed some light on these, I would greatly appreciate it! Cheers! Grafton
I can't speak on behalf of Nico, but the differences might come from the Big Damn Heroes expansion book?

Edited 1455134240
Thanks, Jake M.  I'll look into that - I don't own a copy, but I'm sure I can track one down. Investigation doesn't bear this out.  None of the examples mentioned above even appear in the BDH book, except as part of the conversion to dice-based assets/complications and then the benefits aren't the same.  I'm glad to have tracked down the book, though - worth it for the revised character creation and crew creation ideas if nothing else. cheers!