Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic lighting issues

Hello, I'm having issues with the dynamic lighting, in that my players are seeing all of the map. I have dynamic lighting enabled, I enforced the line of sight, and when I enter my game as a player then my sight is definitely limited, but a player is claiming that she can see everything. Is there anything more that I can fiddle around with to make it work?

Edited 1455140386
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Sounds like a  dynamic lighting setting is not properly enabled. Try the steps and make sure everything is doubled checked. step 1: Check to make sure you have it set at a minimum of enabled and enforce line of sight. The rest is optional. Step 2: Doublecheck the token is checkmarked has sight Step 3: Double check your sheets and make sure everyone is assigned to the proper sheet also. If after running through it all and everything is properly setup but your problem persist, let us know and we will continue the process of troubleshooting your problem.
Hey, Thanks for responding. I've gone through all of the appropriate steps and I'm still encountering the problem - even though another player is being limited by the lighting, I have just 1 player who can see the whole map.
I'm just guessing here, maybe that player's token is set to illuminate light that only they can see? I have a PC with 60 ft Darkvision, so his token's vision extends pretty far out from its position. In a small map with no obstructions, that player will see everything, while other players will be limited by the available light sources. Alternatively, if that player's token has their vision multiplier set to a high number, light might be extending farther outwards from light sources just for that player, allowing them to see everything. Another possibility might be that that player is also assigned as a GM for that game, although I suppose neither you nor the player would have missed that.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hey Bafflegab, if you'll answer a few questions for me I'll hop into the game and see if I can't figure out what the issue is: Which of your games is this happening in? Which player in that game is this happening to? Which map is it happening on?