Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Multiple Character Sheets in the same Game Possible?

Hello, I'm starting a New World of Darkness campaign that includes multiple types of supernaturals in it as player characters. Each has it's own specific Character Sheet and the community has made every single character sheet as their own template. There is also the convenient "New World of Darkness Official Sheet" template that has many of the character sheets implemented into it but it does not have the 'Hunter' character sheet or the 'Demon' character sheet in it. Is there a way for me to use "New World of Darkness Official Sheet", "Hunter: The Vigil (nWoD)" and "Demon: The Descent (nWoD)" all in the same game? I do have a pro subscription if that answers anything. Thanks in advance! -Kevin
Multiple character sheets are not supported. However - with a "pro" account it would be possible to stitch multiple charactersheets together as a custom charactersheet and then toggle them by click on a button. This requires definetly html and css knowledge and depending on the sheets it can be a lot of work. It is only recommended for someone who has fun building such stuff. The problem of stitching is, that there could be undesired name clashes, which can be super annoying to fix, therefore this process can be a pain in the ass.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You may consider throwing a vote toward this  Suggestion for Multiple Character Sheet Layouts , which sound like what you are wanting. :)

Edited 1455195555
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is a method to create multiple Character Sheets, but it is more of a "workaround" than truly support for it. The Star Wars (API-Compatible) is an example of this (It has 1 layout for GM and 1 for Player). NOTE: Definitely only try this method if you are willing to invest a significant amount of time, have a pro account, and don't mind the possibility of it not working as you want. The method that sheet uses is basically a combination of CSS Show/Hide and a hidden radio button. This is only partly useful as it doesn't totally do what you want without a decent amount of extra effort (The GM Sheet only gets 1 copy, new Character Sheets show up as the Player Sheet). The original author had it as a method for the GM to control added dice for the system that the Players could not see. I adapted this second "sheet" to be a fully useful GM Sheet with useful GM info and GM specific rolls and campaign planning / documenting sections. There is a possibility you could mess with this method to use multiple layouts but it would take a decent amount of trial and error and may be messy. The Star Wars sheet uses a combination of the html/css/javascript to create a second layout. The JavaScript autocreates the GM sheet based on the template within the character sheet html The CSS hides the GM sections from the Player Sheet and the Player sections from the GM Sheet. The HTML has a section for a "Player Sheet" and a "GM Sheet". If you wanted to attempt to do the multiple layouts in this method it would likely make the character sheet significantly larger Utilize the Star Wars Sheet's method of creating a GM Sheet to create the second "layout" This may or may not produce a clean result for more than 2 layouts. Let it autocreate the second layout. Assign it to a Player rather than using it as a GM sheet. G V.'s idea of throwing support behind the Suggestion is the best method and much "cleaner".

Edited 1455225533
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's unfortunate that this isn't supported at the moment. I would imagine that multiple types of character sheets would be essential for certain pen and paper games. It is certainly almost a must for World of Darkness. I went ahead and left a reply/'vote' to that suggestion thread. I have never dabbled with HTML or CSS but I have studied a bit of Java, C++, Javascript and C# in my university. You guys know some resources I can look at or read that can get me started in learning those languages in terms of utilization for roll20? I'm most interested in what Wandler mentioned about "stitching" together sheets. Again, everyone, Thanks for the replies! -Kevin

Edited 1455227942
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
In terms of resources to get a feel for HTML or CSS...I've had some people tell me codeacademy.com (though I've never used it). Also, because of the way roll20 works, there will be some uniqueness to how you need to write for roll20, so whatever source you use, you'll also want to check out the Character Sheet stuff on the wiki and check out the code for some of the existing character sheets on  github (that's what helped me the most, but then again, I had a basic understanding of HTML and CSS). EDIT: OH! And be sure to hit up the Character Sheet forum with any questions you have.