Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Bump -- Updated to v0.2.7

Edited 1491529926
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Bump v0.2.7 Update v0.2.12 -- Fixed issue that prevented Bump from starting up.&nbsp; Update v0.2.7 -- Reverted a change to push the left margin of help into the space under chat avatars. &nbsp;Disabling chat avatars was truncating the help display down the left side. &nbsp;Also removed an unnecessary warning about !bump'ing a token that didn't have a slave. (Thanks Three of Swords !) Update v0.2.6 -- Bump will now automatically repair and cleanup any broken associations with master and slave tokens on startup. &nbsp;Additionally, I have cleaned up a few crash bugs with missing objects. &nbsp;Finally, the help and configuration UI is updated and more thoroughly documented. Features Slave Token Aura -- The created Slave Token is invisible to the players, but also serves a useful purpose of reminding you which tokens support Bump and where they are. Created slave tokens have an aura visible to the GM only. They have one color when Master Token is visible to players (defaults to green) and another when the Master Token is invisible to players (defaults to purple). Mirrored Operations -- Moving, Rotating, Scaling, Flipping, Renaming, Tinting, and Last Move are all mirrored between Master and Slave! Mirrored Bubbles -- Whatever you have the Master Bars set to, the Slave Bars mirror. Change one, it changes the other. Got some invisible monsters in an AoE? No problem. This includes Bars that are linked to a character sheet, which brings me to... Mirrored Represents -- Need to do a save or make a skill check? Slave Tokens have the same Represents as their Master, so they have the same Token Action bar and shift double clicking brings up the character sheet! Commands: !bump -- Swaps places between a token and it's counterpart if it has been added to Bump. &nbsp;If Auto Slave is on, it will add the token to Bump if it isn't already in it. &nbsp;If Auto Push is on, it will also push it to the GM Layer if it is on the Objects layer. !bump-slave -- Puts the selected token in Bump if it isn't there already. &nbsp;If Auto Push is on, it will also move the token to the GM Layer if it is on the Objects layer. --push -- The optional --push argument to !bump-slave causes the token to also be pushed to the GM Layer as if Auto Push was on. Configuration Settings: GM Layer (Visible) Color -- Sets the color that a slave token shows when the associated master token is visible to players. The slave token will be on the GM Layer and the master token will be visible to players on the Objects Layer. &nbsp;Click the button showing the color to be prompted to enter a new color in HTML color format. &nbsp;Show's a checkerboard for transparent. Objects Layer (Invisible) Color -- Sets the color that a slave token shows when the associated master token is invisible to players. The slave token will be on the Objects Layer and the master token will be hidden from players on the GM Layer. Click the button showing the color to be prompted to enter a new color in HTML color format. Show's a checkerboard for transparent. Auto Push -- Causes adding a token to Bump to also automatically push it to the GM Layer if it isn't already there. [Default: Off] Auto Slave -- Causes using the !bump command on a token that isn't in Bump to add that token to Bump. &nbsp; Auto Push applies to this addition. &nbsp;[Default: Off] Previous Release Notes: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2231120/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2231120/</a> Git:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Bu" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/Bu</a>... Support my work on If you use my scripts, want to contribute, and have the spare bucks to do so , go right ahead. However, please don't feel like you must contribute just to use them! I'd much rather have happy Roll20 users armed with my scripts than people not using them out of some sense of shame. Use them and be happy, completely guilt-free! Disclaimer: This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Great update to probably my most-used script! Also a great update by including a patreon link. &nbsp;I've wanted to buy you a beer for a long while. &nbsp;Now I can!

Edited 1455336177
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great! &nbsp;I'm glad you like it! &nbsp;Your PM with bug details was very helpful in tracking down the issue. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions! And thanks for the beers! :)

Edited 1455342207
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No beers!... but I do have a song for you. &nbsp;=) <a href="https://youtu.be/OM9uMJWtNww?t=36" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/OM9uMJWtNww?t=36</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nice! &nbsp;Now I guess I need a zephyr script... :)
Just upgraded to this version and noticed the help text is cut off on the left side. &nbsp;Looking at the script, you have the left margin of your --help text set to -40. &nbsp;I'm guessing this is why it's cut off. &nbsp;Is there a reason for this value?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That allows the text to make use of the border space on the left. Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? &nbsp;Are you using stylish or another plugin to change styles in the page? &nbsp;Also, do you have avatar images or time stamps enabled?
I have chat avatars disabled. &nbsp;That's what does it. &nbsp;If I enable them, the alignment is correct.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Update v0.2.7 -- Reverted a change to push the left margin of help into the space under chat avatars. Disabling chat avatars was truncating the help display down the left side. Also removed an unnecessary warning about !bump'ing a token that didn't have a slave. (Thanks Three of Swords !)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'll have to come up with another way to reclaim that space. &nbsp;Maybe I can get some way to detect if that setting is enabled or not..&nbsp;
I suppose you could set up code to display a message at the bottom of the help display. &nbsp;Does this display properly? &nbsp;Yes or No? &nbsp;When they click on yes, it keeps the value at -40. &nbsp;If no, it sets it to -10. Not elegant, but would work.
The Aaron said: I'll have to come up with another way to reclaim that space. &nbsp;Maybe I can get some way to detect if that setting is enabled or not..&nbsp; Um... I had this issue with PowerCards... but could never find a way to deal with it effectively.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HoneyBadger said: Um... I had this issue with PowerCards... but could never find a way to deal with it effectively. I've got some ideas.. I'll clue you in if I get anything that works. =D Three of Swords said: I suppose you could set up code to display a message at the bottom of the help display. &nbsp;Does this display properly? &nbsp;Yes or No? &nbsp;When they click on yes, it keeps the value at -40. &nbsp;If no, it sets it to -10. Not elegant, but would work. I was thinking about writing some text down the left side in that 40px area that says "If you can see this and don't want to, click here ." but I think there might be a better way. &nbsp;=D
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Three of Swords said: Just upgraded to this version and noticed the help text is cut off on the left side. &nbsp;Looking at the script, you have the left margin of your --help text set to -40. &nbsp;I'm guessing this is why it's cut off. &nbsp;Is there a reason for this value? I thought we got an achievement for finding issues with Aaron's code?&nbsp; "Damaged the JS golem" or something...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hahahaha!
I want that achievement icon! &nbsp;Maybe I could use it as my avatar...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Challenge accepted!