Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5E][Steampunk] I hope you like puzzles, strategy, talking, engineering, etc.

Edited 1455590516
Hello! I've decided to try running a steampunk campaign! Intro: I've made a steampunk world with some great mysteries on the map, the largest being that the entire southern continent, the second or third largest continent, is unoccupied in a farily high-tech world. There should be several other mysteries along the way, too, hidden in the cities. Also, the gravity is lower, at about 0.5g, so feel free to take advantage of that. Now, the story starts with you and your friends receiving invitations to be test subjects for a top inventer's experiments. Strangely enough, she wants you to read a certain book... --- Rules / What to Expect: Campaign is magical-steampunk. There will be puzzles, enemies might require tactics, and you'll be traveling a bit in game. Please write a decent biogrophy for your characters. For the first session, we'll be talking about our characters, deciding how they met, what they want to do in the future, how they can help each other, etc., so not having a decent biography might cause problems. Communication will be done via skype. I'll be doing voice calls. (Please trade skype names in PMs.) keep it pg-13. Game schedule will be determined by availability of players. (I'm available weekly Friday through Sunday evenings MST and pretty much all of Monday MST, however, I may agree to other times. 4 hour sessions are probably long enough for me.)  NOTE: If you don't stick to the agreed upon schedule, the campaign may continue anyway, with your character breaking their leg or toe or something to explain why they're not there. Homebrew is allowed, but it must get approved first. Character death should be unlikely, but if it does occur, you can challenge me at a game of your choice, and if you win, your character will survive somehow. (More details on game description page.) If you want, rolls can optionally be replaced with actually doing things, e.g., creating blueprints for a hidden blade if you want a hidden blade, giving a speech for a perfect persuation check, etc. However, your speeches/blueprints will be judged for the situation, so don't create a drawing of a clock as your hidden blade blueprints, 'cause that won't work. My style: I will allow all kinds of stuff, as long as it means everyone's having fun, including me. I like puzzles, strategy, etc. --- Joining: If any of this sounds interesting, please PM me with your skype name or ask me for mine. Also, please post on this forum with whatever you think is relevant. (Character ideas, whether I allow magic in a steampunk campaign, a bit about you, something completely different, etc.) Please post on this forum, by the way. If you don't, I'll be sad.
I'd like to play a noble human fighter (eldritch knight). Is magic allowed?
Matthew C. said: Is magic allowed? Yes! You noticed! Yeah, magic is allowed. I'm writing it in by having a magical artifact at the start so I don't limit people's choices. However, magical items will be rare or nonexistant for the first half of the campaign.
hey i would love to join i was thinking about playing a stueampunk game also with some homebrew classes like tinkerer or gunslingers. I can send you the homebrew classes that i have bought off the dungeonmasters guild.