Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A better way to organize the LFG forum?

Hi there, Problem :  As I scroll through the looking for group forum, looking for new players or games, it becomes to feel like a very tedious task.  Current Situation :  Currently, all games are listed under a single bucket.  Scrolling through this enormous list can take a while.  Games are reliant on a proper subject line.  Numerous posts can bury a game onto the 4th or 5th page, to which people will never look after a week. Offered Solution :  Make sub-forums divided under the LFG forum.  Sub forums can be listed as your top 15 (or any number you choose) most popular game systems.  Then a final sub forum can be for all other types of games.  Players and DMs can then post in those specific sub-forums to find games and players. Example: LFG FORUM (sub folders) ---DnD 1st/2nd Edition. ---DnD 3rd/3.5/Pathfinder. ---DnD 4th Edition. ---DnD 5th Edition. ---Starwars ---Mutants and Masterminds ---Pokemon ---World of Darkness ---Robotech ---GURPS ----ETC ---Other What this will do : 1)  Reduce the chance that a forum post will be buried beneath a ton of posts.  2)  Add organizational value to finding games.  3)  Facilitate your customer's need to find a game quickly and effectively. Other notes : Having talked to many players on your forums via voice, a common theme i hear is that its sometimes tough to find a game on roll 20.  If one of the primary tenets of your business model is to help people connect for games, then it would be prudent to revisit the tools available to your players that will help them meet.
Yes please. There is so much confusion, I'd at least like the one shots on an extra forum, considering I keep missing them due to the forum mess.
Can we also have a way to separate pay to play from free as well? Currently when I look at the LFG page all I see is the same person who has 35 pay games currently with free games dotted sparsely. I don't have a problem with the person trying to get paid to do something awesome but it just looks like spam.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
While I'm not commenting on the suggestion directly, I will point out that everything y'all are asking for is built into the LFG Tool :)
GenKitty said: While I'm not commenting on the suggestion directly, I will point out that everything y'all are asking for is built into the LFG Tool :) But not the LFG forum .  And aren't you supposed to not make suggestions for workarounds or state that such functionality is theoretically possible?
Gold
Forum Champion
Peter, please check the Suggestions & Ideas "Read First" post that is pinned in the forum to review those rules. The post from GK is helpful and constructive. Let's keep the thread respectful and informative. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1280734/read-fir" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1280734/read-fir</a>... Constructive Commentary Do not post a comment stating your disagreement with a suggestion, or that you think it unnecessary. (Do) Inform of potential workarounds or similar suggestions that already exist. All posts must be respectful of the original suggestion. Expand upon the original suggestion, not replace it.
I'll point out that i posted this 2 years ago.&nbsp; It appears that the solution still stands.&nbsp; A better way to organize the forum would be massively helpful for the forum itself.

Edited 1529275613
? said: Can we also have a way to separate pay to play from free as well? Currently when I look at the LFG page all I see is the same person who has 35 pay games currently with free games dotted sparsely. I don't have a problem with the person trying to get paid to do something awesome but it just looks like spam. +1 to your observation... Does indeed look like spam.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .