Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Map layer being deleted

Roll20, For the third time in a row I find myself rebuilding my maps in my campaign. When I switch to a different computer or sometimes when I add a new image file to my library it causes deletion of my maps on pages that are not even active. The token layers DM layers are fine but the map layer is completely gone or shows as a broken link. Please advise!
1456524711

Edited 1456524772
Hi, Merlin H. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . Please provide a Console Log that captures the moments when you "add a new image file to my library". Please also provide a screenshot of your whole browser window (including the address bar). Please also locate the games details page of your affected games and provide us with links to those games. Those links should look like: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/123456/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/123456/</a> If some of your games are affected and others are not, please provide us with links to both. Thank you!
I had that happen to one of my pages. It turned out the web page where I got the map image file was missing the file. Fortunately, I was able to find the image file at another website. This time I saved the image to my computer and uploaded from there. Yeah, it costs me more storage but then I don't lose the image link. It happens quite often when I get art from the web, even through the Roll20 art library search there can be a broken link after some time.