Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow players read access (view only) to character sheets

Edited 1457627526
TheWhiteWolves
KS Backer
API Scripter
It would be great if we could give players read access to character sheets so that they can view them without having to also give them the ability to edit the sheet. The situation I have run into many times is that I want my players to be able to view each others character sheets but not be able to edit each others, only edit their own. At the moment we have these options (Figure 1.): Figure 1.  Figure 2. What I suggest is to add another box after "Can Be Edited & Controlled By" that is something like "Can Be Viewed By" (Figure 2.) in which you can place individual names or the All Players one which will grant those listed the ability to view the character sheet associated with it but not make any edits to it (a "read only mode"). At the moment a player sees only the bio and info of sheets they cannot edit (Figure 4.) and can see everything on one they can edit (Figure 3.), this proposed change would make it so they would be able to either see all three tabs (Bio & Info, Character Sheet and Attributes & Abilities) or just the first two tabs (Bio & Info and Character Sheet) of any sheets that they are set as able to view and would not be able to make edits to them. Figure 3. Figure 4.

Edited 1504123224
Eric D.
KS Backer
Moved my vote over to this (more active) thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1823028/gm-option-to-expose-character-sheets-to-other-players/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1823028/gm-option-to-expose-character-sheets-to-other-players/</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Closing this as it's a duplicate issue, and to refund votes.&nbsp;