Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Storage Space Increase for Plus/Pro, increased upload limit.

I find 2 GB to be fairly limiting. With the new high-res maps for curse of Strahd, I'm at 1.5 GB, and still have more to upload. I'm also having to split the maps up in order to make them fit under the 10 MB limit (this includes saving at worse quality before uploading). While I don't know how server storage works compared to desktop storage, a 2 TB desktop hard drive costs under $100 from online dealers, and if even 1% of a pro subscription fee went to similarly priced storage, we would have 20 GB instead of 2 GB.  I could delete old maps, and useless things, and I have somewhat, but I would prefer not to in order to leave the effort of aligning and putting dynamic lighting in place, in case I want to run those games again. I appreciate all of the great improvements roll20 has been making lately, but it seems like this storage limit is pretty small, given the subscription price. I may be wildly wrong on this, and it's actually much more expensive, but if so, please explain. Just as a comparison, I did a quick calculation, and if 1% of the price of our subscription went to storage at dropbox pricing (ignored tax in the calculation, would be a bit smaller), we would have 8.3 GB.
I'd like that too. 50 euros for 1GB is really weak. The main ressource I use is the storage and it is very limited. It would be great to have the possibility to improve it without paying a fortune.
Is there a way to attached to google drive or dropbox, can I host my images elsewhere and reference them instead of uploading them?  This would reduce the amount of storage that roll20 needs to provide while offloading it somewhere else.
Has there been any change to this?  I'm capped out on my Pro subscription.  I can delete some things, but I plan to add a lot more than I can delete.  Is there a way to pay to increase storage space?  I even looked at opening a second account, which is clunky, but you can't link a second account to the same email address, which is even clunkier.  Any suggestions?
this gets my Vote. 2018
No update that I know of Russ. I'm at 1.6 GB and counting, and that's after deleting my CoS maps.  It just seems like one of those pointlessly cheap things, rather than sensibly cheap. If it saved a lot of money, I'd get it, but storage space can't be that expensive, can it? I think the big issue is that a lot of subscribers don't have loads of stuff in their libraries, so every time the topic comes up in other forums, people say 2 GB is plenty. More library management features might help a bit. I'm sure I have duplicates, and other useless things, but it's a hassle to go through it all, and sorting by size isn't an option, I think.
What I'm doing is very ambitious.  I'm building a world in Roll20 with multiple continents, well over a hundred cities, and hundreds of characters (expected to reach over 1000)...and all of them have pictures of some kind.  One of my cities already has over 40 specific locations (again with pictures for the venues), and that is for only 1 of the 14 districts.  I'm running a series of campaigns spanning hundreds of years, oddly with each campaign going further back in time, so this will only continue to grow. My plan is to write books based on this world (starting soon!), and I think Roll20 provides an excellent tool to build such a large-scale project, limited mostly by storage space.  I think this would be appealing to any world-builders out there who may be using other tools if this problem can be resolved.
One thing you might consider doing in the meanwhile is having separate campaigns for each of the ones in the series, setting up your maps and location pages, with all your dynamic lighting, page size, etc, and then just deleting the images from your library if you're not currently using that campaign. It's a hassle, but it'll save setup time when you come back to it later, as you'll only need to upload, and make it fit the page.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
With  today's release , you can now upload your own audio to Roll20 and storage limits have been increased for subscribers. I am closing this thread to refund your votes.