Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding custom items to the compendium (Temporarily)

Score + 24
So this is a suggestion that I didn't see any other suggestions for, and if this is already in the current setup then i'm sorry for wasting your time, but I was thinking there should be a way to create custom spells that can be dragged and dropped into the spell section like current spells. This would only apply to the game it's created in, and not an actual editing of the compendium database, but I was thinking of either a 'Add Custom Tab' (Sort of like adding folders in the journal), or, at the bottom of the currently selected folder, there is a 'Add Custom [Item]' (So if in the spells folder, add custom spell. In creatures folder, add custom creature. etc.). Once created, a template could pop up (Just so less programming savvy people like myself don't tear out their hair trying to figure out macros) where standard information based on the game format is filled in, and once completed, can be used like any standard compendium entry. This would only be for GMs to create, but accessible to players to view and utilize, much like the journal. I have other ideas as well, if this one gets a good enough reception (I don't want to create undue stress with a slew of bad ideas). Thank you for your consideration.
this is a great idea.  I do not know why this has not been done already.  If you allow people to update the compendium on there own so thier group is the only people that can see the chances it get around the copy right laws.  You are allowed to make any number of copys of copy righted media in any formate you like as long as it is not sold or given away to the world.  This means you can share it with your friends but not all of roll20.
+1 Custom Compendiums!
...bump?
You might want to add your vote to this suggestion instead: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium</a> At the time of this writing it has 492 votes.