Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Justice League DC Heroes 3rd. edition/Blood of Heroes Special Edition (MEGS)

Are any of you interested in playing in a DCH Justice League game or Gotham-centered game online (not pbp)....whichever one the group prefers? Would any of you be interested in being a co-GM with me? I am a VERY experienced gamer and am intrigued with DCH. I'm a lifelong Batman fan and would love to play him in one of these campaigns, as an NPC. We will use the MEGS system and players will be able to play as the Justice League regulars & heavy hitters such as Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Cyborg, etc.  We will do troupe play, so you can actually choose a few different characters you will play as in different adventures. Any interest?
Heya! This looks interesting! My Skype is Ferelonshaderoot. Message me when you can!
I'd totally play this. If JLA I'd love to be Superman or Wonderwoman, and if Gotham I'd try and be some of the Birds of Prey (Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress) if they're available.
ME! ME! ME! I love this system and I am down for whatever. If you want to do JLA, I am game. If you want to do Gotham, I am fine with that, too. You just let me know the setting and if you want to use base points or some multiplier and I am good to go!
Or, if we must choose characters, I can do Martian Manhunter from the JLA or Flash and then for Gotham, I can do original recipe Azrael.
How much experience do you have with MEGS, THE Donnie? Interested in helping me out as co-GM at all?
I'm very interested depending on the schedule. I'd be interested in Firestorm or Zatanna, maybe even a Green Lantern. 
Can most of you do Thursday evenings at like 7 pm eastern? If not, what is your availability, those of you that haven't already posted availability.
My best nights would be Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday, after 7 pm Central Time. 
Ok.  Let me see what day is best for me.  I will post here shortly.  Did you all choose characters yet? I think each player should choose 2-3 heroes they will play in troupe fashion.
How many are still interested? I have been sidetracked lately with my job and all the gaming I have going on.  My sister also suffered a massive stroke.  I still want to do this and make it happen though.
I know I'm new to the chat but I would love to be apart of the league I spent about a year and a half with the marvel hero system and it would be cool to see the other side of the universe. If we're using DC characters would they have to be a official member of the JLA or just in the DC universe?
Sure, count me in.
Holiday said: I know I'm new to the chat but I would love to be apart of the league I spent about a year and a half with the marvel hero system and it would be cool to see the other side of the universe. If we're using DC characters would they have to be a official member of the JLA or just in the DC universe? We could work with characters not typically in the league.  We could attempt something story-wise dependant upon the character.
Ok cool I was just wondering who was on the table.
Like if someone batman I would be Jason Todd's Red Hood.
Love to come along if you still have a spot, Would depend on which characters are available (also which universe/version/iteration of said characters), as well if there are any of the Villians/Anti-Heroes runs as Hero's/Redemption Arks. Characters of Top of my Head i wouldnt mind going for: Powergirl, Raven, Giganta, Harley Quinn (From her odd times doing good), Cassandra Cain, Atom.....All depends on the style of the story. Though ive never played the MEGS system but if should be able to get hang of it if i can make sure i get the right book/edition.  Lian.Rowan on skype if you want to chat.

Edited 1466631773
'Blood of Heroes Role-Playing Game : Special Edition' is available @ Amazon.

Edited 1466635999
Think i found it on Scribd, Ill read through.....but yeah mainly would need to know the end details before deciding on a character. Still up for playing though if there is still a spot i mean.
Interested still 
I'm interested, depending on scheduling
Also are we allowed to be the core members or more of the sidekicks.
Core members.  We will have a roll call thread soon where we can pick characters.  The big guns! Each player will pick around 3 characters that you can play at different times during the campaign.
Could you expand on the last point?
Rogue Eye said: Could you expand on the last point? I am going for troupe style play, where you have m,multiple characters you control but you still only play one in an adventure.  So in one adventure I might play Superman, then in the next, I might play as Captain Atom.  You pick 3 character from the DCU you control and play one of them in each adventure that you choose at the beginning of the adventure.

Edited 1466916921
I hope someone play batman so I can be Jason Todd's Red Hood. Just to introduce a interesting dynamic. It would be a one time thing unless the DM is okay with it. 

Edited 1466920195
I am playing The Batman. I have been trying to decide between doing a Justice League campaign or a Gotham City-centered campaign.  If I could find someone to help me GM, I'd consider doing both separately.
I would stay both types would have their pros and cons, like a justice League campaign would give more character choices however the stakes would have to be much higher like a darksied or a injustice league attack. Whereas a Gotham centered campaign would "limit" us for character choice but it doesn't have to be a endgaming event. That being said a fight against the court of owl would be a amazing campaign choice if we play as the bat family.
Yeah im up for Both, would be interesting either way  and i had a few characters in mind, the hardest part is making said characters and deciding which version of them to use
Holiday said: I would stay both types would have their pros and cons, like a justice League campaign would give more character choices however the stakes would have to be much higher like a darksied or a injustice league attack. Whereas a Gotham centered campaign would "limit" us for character choice but it doesn't have to be a endgaming event. That being said a fight against the court of owl would be a amazing campaign choice if we play as the bat family. A Bat family campaign with the Court of Owls and other awesome elements like that would ROCK!
Rogue Eye said: Yeah im up for Both, would be interesting either way  and i had a few characters in mind, the hardest part is making said characters and deciding which version of them to use I have writeups for most of the main characters in DC.
Is anyone interested in helping me as a co-GM? I can get you a copy of the rules, Blood of Heroes SE.
Yeah if we go Bat Family id likely take Casandra Cain if shes allowed, Been a while since i kept up with the Comics but was always one of my favourite Batgirls, Stephany Brown as a 2nd choice. But yeah as soon as you make up a game send a PM and id be there, might be a idea to run a practice session perhaps in order to get new people acclimated to the system?
If we're doin the bat family im locking in Jason. Also I live in Arizona so anything after 5 my time is prefect.
Bat family sounds awesome.  We could occasionally  do some Justice League games every now and then and mostly do some Gotham stuff.  I am very hyped, seeing as Batman is my fave superhero. This will allow us to use the Batman RPG to get everyone up to speed with the system.  For those that might not be familiar, the Batman RPG is a streamlined version of the DC Heroes RPG that concentrates on Gotham and the kinds of characters that you would find there.  It was released when the Tim Burton Batman movie came out to cash in on the popularity and introduce new players to the DC Heroes game system.  It is a great way to learn the DC Heroes/Blood of Heroes SE system.  I might just go with the full blown system though since it has some updates for gadgetry. What day/time is good for everyone?
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday for now i think, any time really

Edited 1467079423
Any day works for me as long as it's after 5 because I have work. Also fighting the court of owl would be terrifying.
This sounds great.  Would any of you be willing to help me as a co-GM? I have a LOT on my GM plate atm and it will be a huge help.
Im not really a fan of Co-GM'ing....but if you need aid on particular elements i can give a hand supplying ideas/materials, but during game-time id like to stick to player only
Well well well...  I might be able to help running.. Though my experience is limited to playing Batman The RPG and a bit of 2e DCH... Have played it in a while.
Batman the RPG uses the same basic rules as Blood of Heroes SE/DC Heroes 3e but streamlined a bit for Batman-esque adventures.  It will be perfect for a Bat Family campaign.
I have set up a separate game entry for the Bat Family game.  Sending each of you an invite.  There is a character roster thread up already where you can reserve chacters.