Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pages Folder

The current campaign I am planning will have 23 pages. Divided into 5 main locations. I was wondering if folders that store the pages could be a smart idea. When one clicks the "Page Toolbar" have it start in the folder with the page that is currently being used and have a "folders" button to see all the folders with various pages stored in each. Cause If I am already on the far right, I start with the "create new Page" as my first option, then i have to scroll to the other side. Not much of an Issue in game, but when bouncing from page to page creating the campaign and checking everything it gets a tad annoying for me personally.
That would certainly be useful. It would make it easier to organize maps for a single dungeon together.
Definitely. I have only planned for about 5 sessions for my current campaign, and I'm already up to 8 pages.
Need this for Macros too in my opinon
This would be most useful. Need this for Macros too in my opinon Folders or a similar organizational feature for everything: pages, handouts, Jukebox items, characters . . .
I would love to see this option implemented for pages specifically. I don't know how feasible it is for things like the Jukebox or character sheets given they run on a different kind of system, but I think something for the pages would not be too difficult to design. I know it would especially help out with things like multi-tiered dungeons and buildings. The game I'm currently planning has numerous small towns and various explorable areas, each with key buildings or structures the players can enter. It would be a huge boon to have folders for each of these towns so that I don't have dozens of pages to scroll all the way across every time my players want to enter a particular building.
Another thing that will prove useful when managing multiple pages, will be a shortcut to show the current page to the players. Currently its a pain to drag the players from one page to another far away... (or maybe I am missing something ;))
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ragnarol: Do you mean maps? Assuming you are, you can move players from map to map by using the 'red ribbon' on the map. You can relocate the players' tokens via copy/paste (copy the entire group of players at once). You can redirect what portion of the map the players are looking at by using shift+ping. Then again, perhaps I am the one that is missing something, such as your meaning. :D - Gauss
Ragnarol: Do you mean maps? Assuming you are, you can move players from map to map by using the 'red ribbon' on the map. You can relocate the players' tokens via copy/paste (copy the entire group of players at once). You can redirect what portion of the map the players are looking at by using shift+ping. Nice to hear about the shift+ping thing but I meant to move the red ribbon thing without needing to drag it. :) So if I as GM has a page opened I click "whatever+otherthing" and the red ribbon is atomatically set to the current page. When you have lots of pages (more than fit on screen without scrolling) you need to do tricks to move the red ribon, either you move it so intermediate pages or you have to use both mouse and keyboard to scroll and be able to drop it on the desired page. Hope I am clearer now :D
Gauss
Forum Champion
I see what you mean, there is no autoscroll to move the screen. Unfortunately, large campaigns have issues such as this and the file size problem (as the file size for the campaign grows it becomes difficult for people with slow connections to load the campaign). This why I keep the campaign size down by breaking it into segments. - Gauss
If you're dextrous, you can left click and drag the ribbon and then hold SHIFT and use the scroll wheel with your middle finger to scroll through pages at the top. That said, I would like an option for click to move players as well instead of just dragging.