Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Warhammer 2nd edition

Edited 1461689387
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi there, I made a new version of warhammer 2nd edition.  Here is an example : It is currently pending for admission in the sheets repository. Anway, I would like to know something. There already is a english version of warhammer 2nd edition in the repository. It seems to be an old version, yet still updated. As you can see, this one is a french one. I could easily translate the one I made (with the correct images and renaming all necessary fields) but i don't want to be unpleasant with the author of the current version (that did a wonderfull synthetic work. My work was mainly about aesthetics. However, to do that, I had to start from scratch). Should I propose a translated version of mine for english speaking players or should I just keep my pending proposal for french players ? Regards :)
I wouls like to get to test out your version because I feel (and have felt that way from the beginning) the current one is practically unusable. I actually started learning HTML and CSS this month just so I could help make it usable. So I have no doubt your version is better. With all due respect to the makers of the current sheet.

Edited 1461775986
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Hi ! my version is almost finished. I am currently integrated automated rolls in the sheet with a custom roll template : it shows successes as a green roll result and fails as red ones. There also is a line with the overall result : success or failure. What I mostly need is all background images in us from the english character sheet and a loooooot of translation work. :) So mainly, I need time to be able to produce a translated version of mine. And I first need to finish the original one with all roll buttons for skills.
I had a quick test-run on your sheet and it definitely is not just about aesthetics. If I could choose between this sheet in English and the current WFRP 2nd edition sheet, I would hands down choose this sheet.
I haven't tried this new version yet, but I agree with Maetco on that the current English character sheet for WFRP 2e is nearly unusable and I would really like a new version. If you just need the correct English names of stats and skills, I'll gladly help, but for honest-to-Sigmar translation work you'll need to find someone else as English isn't my first language, you see.
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
hi :) Thx Tommi. My problem is not about translation itself, I can fluently speak english. The problem is that some parts of the sheet are png. (like sections titles, the armor and the actions quick reference images). If I can get the official warhammer v2 paper sheet (pdf version for example) I could easily manage all elements with Gimp. For now, I found several sheets but they're not the official one. Point me a link for the pdf official warhammer v2 sheet and I could start the translation :) Regards :)
Here's the official one (as far as I can tell):&nbsp;<a href="https://www.anothercaffeinatedday.com/wiki/upload/fire/2011/9/charactersheet-29210952.pdf" rel="nofollow">https://www.anothercaffeinatedday.com/wiki/upload/fire/2011/9/charactersheet-29210952.pdf</a>
Phoxounet, is the plan to translate the sheet?

Edited 1462869681
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Almost, Maetco. I finished the french one and will submit last changes today (repeating sections, roll buttons and roll template). Everything is fully functional. After that, I'll start the translation. I'll have to change some parts of the sheet (french images) so that it can be easily localized. However, I currently have a lot of work so it'lll take some time before the sheet is ready :) Edit : here is the custom roll template. There is a test for critical success and critical damages :
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Some news guys : the final version of the french version should soon be approved. I took a look at how I could easily translate it and have some ideas for an effective way to complete it.

Edited 1463819824
Great to hear! Don't sweat about the timetable on my account :) I'm just excited that we're finally going to get a proper sheet for WFRP 2nd.
Phoxounet, I am curious what the status is on this character sheet translation? I am French but play mostly with English players.