Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for an api that can change token names from chat box

I want an api that I can use to create a macro that lets me select a token, select a macro, type in a number than that number appear at the end of the token name.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3316710/token-rename-and-renumber-script" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3316710/token-rename-and-renumber-script</a>

Edited 1462246781
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You've got a few choices. TokenMod can, of course, do this. e.g. !token-mod --set name|"?{Name|@{selected|token_name} 1}" There also exist a few scripts that specialize in renaming and numbering multiple Tokens: TokenNameNumber is a popular choice. Token Rename and Renumber Script , as SkyCaptainXIII linked, is a new script.

Edited 1462247265
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I use both TokenMod and TokenNameNumber in my 13th Age games now. Thanks to TokenMod I have a row of buttons at the bottom of the screen with all the common conditions: Staggered, Dead, Dying, etc., which speeds up my GMing greatly in combat. Thanks to TokenNameNumber all my MOOK tokens are numbered automatically as I put them on the map. So easy!&nbsp; I think you want&nbsp;TokenNameNumber for your particular problem, but I recommend both.

Edited 1462248752
Gold
Forum Champion
Andrew R. said: &nbsp;Thanks to TokenNameNumber all my MOOK tokens are numbered automatically as I put them on the map. So easy!&nbsp; I think you want&nbsp;TokenNameNumber for your particular problem, but I recommend both. Does that work for when you copy-paste (paste paste paste paste paste) a Mook token that isn't attached to character sheet? Or is it only for when you drag the mook token multiple times from a Character journal of the mook? This is something I've been planning to test and find the different solutions.
Gold: &nbsp;TokenNameNumber works when you copy/paste. &nbsp;It broke at one point, but Aaron fixed it.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Does that work for when you copy-paste (paste paste paste paste paste) a Mook token that isn't attached to character sheet?&nbsp; It sure does. I do it all the time, though all my MOOK tokens are the default tokens for a character sheet. I have character sheets for all the adversaries in my 13th Age and Fantasy AGE games, and they all have default tokens set up as MOOK.&nbsp;

Edited 1462488069
Thanks just finished having my player that makes macros for me make my macros it works! I used the token mod and the token rename one that doesn't require a monster character sheet. (I never make character sheets for my monsters)