Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Creation/Editing not working.

Context: I was recently working on a pathfinder iterative attack macro with prompts for multiple different modifiers. I created a working copy, then continued to try to tweak it. Bug: at some point, the macro name locked into a non-functional state. I've replaced the text with working macro text and get garbage out, I've even deleted the macro entirely and remade it to no avail. If I rename it, I get no output, like Roll20 doesn't even acknowledge that the macro exists. New created macros are similarly not 'existing'. Is this local or server side? Is there anything I can do to refresh my macros?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Ifusaso . Ifusaso said: I was recently working on a pathfinder iterative attack macro To clarify, is this a macro that is saved under the My Settings tab of the Sidebar? at some point, the macro name locked into a non-functional state. To clarify, you're referring to the Name field of the Edit Macro window? Furthermore, could you please describe what you mean by "non-functional state"? In addition, let's work through Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Yes, it is a general macro, I just clarified Pathfinder because context. What I was trying to convey about the 'lock up' is actually the text portion of the macro. It provided the same garbage result no matter what input I put into the macro section. Even if I change it to something completely different and simple like an emote, I get the same &template{} box with bad output. I'll try/retry (I did some but not all of) those troubleshooting steps and re-post. Thank you.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Oh, I think I recognize the issue you're describing; a Roll Template gone bad. If this is the case, typing anything into the text chat should result in the same "garbage result". The Creator of your game should be able to fix this issue by Clearing the game's Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Thank you, it's cross-pc and browsers, so I was thinking that it was along the lines of what you're saying. I'll have him give it a shot. Any tips on avoiding it in the future?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ifusaso said: Any tips on avoiding it in the future? Sorry, but I can't say that I know of what causes this issue, only that this issue does not crop up extremely often. It's unlikely you'll experience it many more times going forward, and the fix is simple enough, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.