Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 app will not load on Google Hangouts and the page dies loading.

Any campaign I try to launch in Google Hangouts fails. I get the web link and see myself in the camera but when the Roll20 app begins loading, the whole page freezes, becomes unresponsive, and tells me to wait or kill it. I have cleared my cache and checked my extensions to no avail. As it worked perfectly in the past for me (over gaming 600 hours without a problem) I don't understand why it should suddenly happen now.  Please help, Kerr B
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Hangouts. If you'll go through this list, so we can eliminate some of the easy answers, I would appreciate it. I'm especially interested in the console log from step 4. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Good advice Phil. I was able to run the Roll20 app when I changed browsers. Still, it is rather strange that it would stop working in Chrome after all this time. Any ideas as to why? Many thanks, Kerr B
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It might be a small change on their end that is conflicting with your connection. The Hangouts app is out of our control, and everyone's system is at least a little bit different, so it's really hard to tell. I'm glad it's working for you in the other browser though!