Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Roll20CON] Today's the Day, So Let's Play!

Edited 1464919846
***Update! Roll20CON is about to begin! Launching at midnight, the convention will run all day and end on June 3, 2016 at 11:59pm Pacific time! Join us at 12:00am Pacific for the Opening Ceremony on our  Twitch channel ! During Roll20CON, we will be raising money for Cybersmile, the international non-profit supporting victims of cyberbullying. Everyone who donates to Cybersmile during the convention will also receive the  Roll20CON Exclusive Art Pack , complete with tokens & tiles from popular Marketplace creators! Donate now by going to  roll20.net/con/donation ! You can also get a  Roll20CON tee from Teespring ! Complete with the Roll20CON logo and poster, designed by Aleks Sennwald, the convention-exclusive shirt is available until June 5. All proceeds from this campaign will also go to Cybersmile! In your Roll20CON games, we are also encouraging the use of a “Prop” and/or “Occurrence” in your games. We think this will be a fun way to unite the many gaming experiences happening in our interface during the event. Similar to the way many 24-hour film festivals will use a common prop, occurrence, and/or line of dialogue. PROP : A spotted handkerchief. Try to incorporate this visual element into your games and share it on social media! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #Roll20CON. Can you spot the Prop in our event poster? OCCURRENCE : Try and defeat a bully without violence. Our challenge to players during Roll20CON is to try to de-escalate a situation with their wits. Since we are benefiting Cybersmile, it seemed fitting to see if we could take a moment in our games to promote the idea of rising above. Please use this Roll20CON Forum for all things Roll20CON! Bugs, LFG, or questions welcome! ***Update! Starting today and available until the end of Roll20CON - in-game Plus-level subscription features are available in all games tagged for Roll20CON. Games are ad free & will have access to Dynamic Lighting; additional account storage & Character Vault will not be available. Visit your  Game Details page to tag your games now! Remember, Roll20CON begins at 12:00am Pacific on June 3rd and ends at 11:59pm Pacific that same Friday evening. **Update! We are so excited to share... Greg Bilsland and Chris Perkins of Wizards on the Coast will be joining our live stream convention entertainment - Roll20CON on Twitch! Register now or visit the registration page to see the updated schedule!!  ********** OP: Registration for our 24 hour celebration of the Roll20 community is now open! Help us break our concurrent user record this June by playing tons of games on Roll20. Head to Roll20CON.net for details on how to get started. You'll have the next month to start planning and joining games, then meet us here on June 3rd, 2016 for a long day of gaming! Starting May 27th, we'll be opening up  Plus-level features to all games tagged and scheduled for Roll20CON. Tag your games by visiting the  Game Details page for any of your games. You can also start searching for and joining Roll20CON games now using our  LFG Tool and the new "Event: Roll20CON 2016" check box. This option filters games only tagged for play during the event. If your planning on also using our LFG Forum to find players, please note that all LFG forum posts for Roll20CON MUST include a link to your  public Looking for Group listing . You find some fun entertainment during the convention on  Twitch where some of your favorite streamers and publishers will be live helping us raise money for  Cybersmile . So, are you excited?! What games are you considering running during the event? Any specific game system you hope others are playing? Will you be playing on roll20.net and watching us game on Twitch? Share below, what part of Roll20CON are you most hyped for?! 
Great initiative all the best. 
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll run a Numenéra game (in French) and I'm eager to watch some games on Twitch (particularly if S. Chenault runs some C&C !).
Copying my other post, because this is probably the right place: So all roll20con games will get Plus level features from May 27 to June 3, but does that include storage space? I'm a little low on space, and I feel I might go over 100 MB if I try to set up a one shot from a PDF with maps included.
Q. Sirius - yep, but since the plus features turn off after the event, you won't want to rely on that extra space. 
I plan to run twice during the day, a one shot zombie survival game, with homebrew tabletop game rules and D&D 5E mechanics. Playtesting right now and soon will do the LFG stuff once I figure out times to play. I don't want to conflict with some of the stuff on the schedule. But... We don't have to stream our games on Twitch do we? I use Skype voice only as my computer can't handle WebRTC in Roll20 it seems. And I clicked on the Registration link and it told me I'm already registered as a Roll20 user. Curious.
Doug E. said: We don't have to stream our games on Twitch do we? I use Skype voice only as my computer can't handle WebRTC in Roll20 it seems. Nope! No streaming requirements to be a participant; like an in-person convention, some games are more public than others, and we're all for both types. 
Chris Perksin saaaaaaaay wwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :OOO
In all honesty, I seriously hope this is a sign of a burgeoning relationship with WoTC and possible future integration ( like Fantasy Grounds ) I would *LOVE* to see official WoTC 5e modules and materials as pre-made campaigns on the marketplace, or more than just the SRD referenced in the compendium (no love for Warlocks)

Edited 1463836546
I've been hearing about roll20 con for a while, but I'm still not sure what exactly it is. Even reading it, I gather its a kind of charity event with lots of games being played or something? Its on Friday, a day I'm generally free all day, so I have been reading it to see if its something that should interest me, but I'm not sure. I generally just play or DM D&D 4e.
Hi  Devlin M. - During Roll20CON we are encouraging you to simply play on June 3rd! Our main goal is to provide you with some extra fun to watch by including the Twitch content and to try to get as many players online as possible that day. All you need to do is plan a game for that day, show up, and play!
Mark G. said: In all honesty, I seriously hope this is a sign of a burgeoning relationship with WoTC and possible future integration ( like Fantasy Grounds ) I would *LOVE* to see official WoTC 5e modules and materials as pre-made campaigns on the marketplace, or more than just the SRD referenced in the compendium (no love for Warlocks) The Roll20 devs have said there will be " a BIG (no over-hype here, I promise... this is a BIG) announcement at the convention. " So I'm hoping the same thing.
Any ideas what time of day Greg Bilsland and Chris Perkins will be playing?
Head to the  registration page for all those details - the full schedule, a Google Calendar, and the info for our featured guests, panels, and games can be found on that page.
Maybe its short notice, but shouldnt character vault be included? Its helpful for allowing players to import/export characters for all these roll20con games imo.
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Maybe its short notice, but shouldnt character vault be included? Its helpful for allowing ayers t import/export characters for all these roll20con games imo. We will certainly consider that for next year, thank you for the feedback!

Edited 1464923138
Gold
Forum Champion
Avacyn said: PROP : A spotted handkerchief. Try to incorporate this visual element into your games and share it on social media! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #Roll20CON.&nbsp;Can you spot the Prop in our event poster? Fun idea! The poster can be examined on this link, <a href="https://roll20con.net/" rel="nofollow">https://roll20con.net/</a> Can we use any spotted handkerchief that we want in-game to join the PROP theme? Has anyone found a good spotted handkerchief from the Marketplace or art search From The Web results in Roll20 yet? I think I "spotted" the one that's on the Roll20CON poster. ** Spoiler Alert ** if you were going to search for it yourself. Who here wants to meet for Advanced D&D 2nd Edition today? Make a post in our LFG to join the 2E Tavern, an open-table game during Roll20CON,&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/7880/roll2e-tav" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/7880/roll2e-tav</a>... As DM I'm placing a Spotted Handkerchief in-game to hide the PROP . Which AD&D 2E player will find it first? You will get a treasure in-game! We will also play-out opportunities to fulfill the OCCURRENCE theme&nbsp;that Avacyn mentioned in Post #1 of this thread. Read this thread carefully from the top to find the Occurrence, to be prepared to fulfill it as a quest in the 2E Tavern game to win bonus XP.
When is the big announcement? Do we tune in for it on Twitch?