Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Miro's prayer; 1st of Abadius

Miro steps out into the rain for a moment when nobody else is around.  He finds looks about and the returns to the cave of the recently quieted dead.  There he kneels into the dusty floor of the cavern and removes his hood.  Form his pocket he pulls single blue candle he had purchased in Sandpoint.  With a snap of his fingers it lights as he places it to the ground before him. "I speak to you great heavens this day with a heavy heart and even more burdened mind.  Know my lord that with every magic I cast I do so in your name and in your glory.  But today I speak to the lady of the Stars.  Not in disrespect to you master of all the magic's in the world but to seek guidance from the lady of dreams herself. Desna, oh lady of the star, master of dreams, and watcher of the many rides I have traveled. I call to you this day with a worried soul.  You have sent to me visions of the night most troubling and in my lack of wisdom I worry I may have mistaken it for a portent of ill omen from my home.  Please great watcher of the realm of dreams guide me to the message I am too dim to understand."  Miro then pulls Desna symbol from his click and lays it before the candle and closes his eyes.
Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. No stranger to meditation and calm, Miro observes his breath, waiting for a reply, a sign, something that says he is not alone and that the one he petitioned has joined him. Inhale. Exhale. The candle pops with a small sound no larger than a mouse's sneeze. The flame flickers and then steadies, pointing upright towards the heavens like a spear head made purely of heat. Inhale. Exhale. Time passes when one observes the breath. It passes neither slowly nor quickly. I just passes and all things change with the passing as they must. While many things are ageless, no thing is truly timeless and time changes things. The candle wick burns, the wax drips and Miro breathes. Inhale. Exhale. The calmness of mindfulness penetrates Miro. He lives, breath by breath. The sound of stone settling and air moving like a spectre with no ill intent or any intent at all passes into his ears and through his attention; his mind is vacant and receptive to the divine. Inhale. Exhale. The candle wick burns, the wax drips and Miro breathes.