Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Geist: The Sin-Eaters - Bi-Weekly Chronicle - Friday Nights 10:00PM EST - Starting 5/20/2016 [LFG]

Edited 1463198303
You've traveled this road so many times you could do it with your eyes shut.  You've grown up here.  It is your city, your neighborhood, your people.  Tonight is different though...  The light is not as bright.  Not as pure.  It's skewed.  It feels as if you can see through everything.  Through the everyday lies that we are bombarded with through pointless conversations at the coffee shop...pointless television...pointless interactions everywhere we turn.   Tonight... ...it feels... real... You can see them now.  The creatures and monsters.  The ones you were told as a child did not exist.  The ones you told yourself did not exist.  The lies you so eagerly believed just to keep your sanity one more day, one more hour, one more meager moment.  Tonight...you are alive...you know it because you know death... ...You were dead... you know that place...and you are not going back.  You've made your deal...with that horrible, faceless creature...the one showed you the truth...the one who told you, you don't have to die just yet...you can go back... The bargain was made...the price was paid... you can hear it clearly now...getting louder and louder. The song he is   singing in your head with his voice... What: Geist: The Sin Eaters / New World of Darkness (Now Chronicles of Darkness) When:   Friday Night (Bi-Weekly) Start Date 5/20/2016 Time:   10:00PM EST Who:   Anyone is welcome!  New Players are CERTAINLY welcome. Storyteller Information:   I have been a Storyteller for Classic World of Darkness, Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse.  I have also been a Storyteller for Geist: The Sin Eaters (it's 1.0 version), Vampire the Requiem, Werewolf  the Forsaken, and Demon: The Descent.  Currently, I am running a Saturday D&D 5e Campaign (Out of the Abyss), and a Sunday D&D Campaign (My second campaign of Princes of the Apocalypse).  I have also ran numerous D&D 5e Third Party One-Shots (Goodman Games, OSR, Necromancer Games, Kobold Press, to name a few), Adventure League Modules (2nd Season, 3rd Season, and currently running 4th Season IRL).  
I may be interested if you are still looking for a player. Geist is literally the first game I've ever owned.
Will you be running it with original nWoD rules, or the 2e rules?
MonkofLords,  yes we are still looking for players.  Next Friday will be Return of Mr. Monster and then the following session will be using your character.  There are two characters chosen, the others are available as they did come with pregens. EvilChildren, Geist will be run with the original nWoD.  Initially, as the players are new to the World of Darkness Ruleset, I plan on running Return of Mr. Monster as a short introductory to Geist and then we will move forward with characters created by you.   If everyone would like to use the God Machine Rules, I can easily change the character sheets to generate the information properly for that (Defense for instance will be slightly different, etc.)  
That works for me. I'd probably like to build my own guy.
MonkOfLords I will PM you the link.  If you would rather build your own Sin-Eater, that is perfectly acceptable.  Somehow we will need to have him working with the Bronx Saints Krewe on this first intro story though, but that is very simple and easy to do.  You could potentially owe Gianni a favor or something.  EvilChildren, if you are interested and would rather build your own Sin-Eater as well for the intro story, let me know and I will PM you the link as well.
Okay so we would like at least 1 more player to move forward!  At this point, it is not mandatory, however, a krewe of 4 or more is much better.  We are playing 'The Return of Mr. Monster' Intro/Jumpstart SAS to get players used to the rules and play, however, we are going to be creating our own characters instead of using the pregens.  At that point, I will be tying this in to the overall chronicle.  We are using the Geist 1.1 errata (as it did help with some of the mechanics). Return of Mr. Monster is a nice fast paced, high energy SAS for Geist and I think allows players to really dive in to the rules of nWoD.  Please PM me or post here if interested!