Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GuloxMiro, 2nd of Abadarus, way back to Sandpoint

Gulo steers his spectral steed closer to Miro's own haunting hound "Miro I need to have words with you, it is important." his tone betrays nothing, as cold as the steel he wields.
Miro rides in brooding silence.  He looks down to doomwing allowing the spectral dog to lead his way.  With even looking up he speaks his tone flat and without its usual passion and bravado.  "Yes Gulo....?"
"When I met you Miro I thought you for an arrogant fool with more ego then anything ells,a joyless cretin who's only ambition was to henpeck all around him for a shred a joy and subsequent conversations only reinforced my opinion, I can see now that I was wrong. What I thought was arrogance and ego is more then earned bravado, next to Finnian and the elves you are the most powerful mage I have ever encountered, and the rest is the same oddness I see in Komandant Vrinn, strange yes, but not to be discredited. With all that said I am going to do something no hobgoblin has done even once let alone three times."
Miro still distant and lost in the labyrinth of his own thoughts.  "What is that?"  He says his mind still in conflict with itself.  
"I name you Krieg Stamm Miro, as do I Synovia and Vrinn, and while I will always follow the Kommandant know that I hold your words equal regaurd."
     Miro looks over to Gulo his head cocked to the side slightly with a look of confusion.  "I am sorry Gulo... while I am versed in the goblin tounge I find I don't understand your meaning..... what is ..... Krieg Stamm?"  He says as he focuses his attentions on Gulo alowing his spectral steed to walk its way.
Gulo scratches his head "It is difficult to explain to an outsider, but I will try my best. For hobgoblins we do not have family, we are pulled from our mother's breast as soon as we are able and trained into units. It removes the risk of soldiers putting familial ties above the good of the Warband, if a parent dies we feel nothing, if a child dies we never knew them, it keeps us focused on the task at hand. This does not mean hobgoblins do not love. It isn't the maddening and blinding kind of love that Synovia or Vrinn have, hobgoblin love is dispassionate, founded in loyalty, built by virtuous duty and shared only by equals. To call a non-hob goblin Krieg Stamm is to say I love you like I love a fellow hob."