Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Synovia x Miro in the caves

After his comment about being done,Synovia stares intently at Miro for a moment, then says " How important is your dream for Sandpoint? Is it not something worth fighting for or something a little opposition going to scare you away from?" She pauses a moment for Miro to think about what she has asked then continues. " People will not always agree or back you up. Vrinn acted the way he always does. He did what he did regardless of what anyone one else thinks.. I agree his actions were stupid and short sighted. I believe we could have benefited from an ally among the ogres. But, because of one or two setbacks you are willing to give up on your dream?"
Doomwing stares at Synovia, and flails at little bit at the newcomer, she eventually settles back down in Miro's hand. "Burning hands," she squawks before giving Miro a small bite. "Back off!"
Syn looks at the little bird then at Miro with a slight smile then gently strokes the birds back "Don't worry little one you are going to be fine."  While still awaiting Miro's response. (handle animal roll to be made in game)
The bird makes a small aggressive noise, her beak still agape but doesn't actively try to bite Synovia though she does mutter, "Back off!".
Miro continues to hold the confused bird for a moment and then growing tired of her incesant chatternig quickly and ruthlessly casts silence over her.  He looks to Synovia his eyes hard yet distant.  "You speak as if I havn't given this thought Synovia.  But look around you.  The blood in the eyes of our ....."Companions......"  is far stronger than their will to see a better world.  Show me what gain comes to Gulo, or Vrinn by helping the world see a betta way?  I have known Vrinn long enough, without motivation what is the point.  If it does not directly benefit him then it is stupid and not worth his time.  This is not about giving up Synovia... this is about ensuring the futua of all those who deserve a better life then they were born to."    Miro looks down to his sqwalking companion who has yet to relize she still can not speak.  "Look at her Synovia.... her life is in my hands... and in the attempt to kill our enemy she almost died of a bomb not even I could survive.  This is about seeing the wisdom in parting ways, that my goals can be paramount to my travels."
"So, if you give up because everything does not go your way, how are you any different than them? You would leave the quest because of your own selfish purposes, leaving people to fend for themselves. How will that look to those you are trying to help? To go from a Hero of Sandpoint to Miro the selfish one." She looks at Miro with anger and betrayal and walks away.
Miro turns to Synovia.  "So Synobia tha WISE.... tell me how would you go about it.  You who sought to leave simply because battle was too much for you?"  His eyes narrow and he brandishes a hand to the burning ogre carcass.  "Tell me then sista... Twice I have sought to bring on new allies to our cause, twice I have offered to personally guarantee ones safty only to have a quick knife, quicker than even my own spells call me a lya.  Show me a better path to follow that brings safty to those who seek a beta life.  Cause I only see two options.... One, travel my own path alone but capable of insuring my own promises.... or two .... Kill Vrinn?  Because that is where I stand these days... and I tell you.... Vrinn seems are more valad enemy with every moons passing.  More times than I can count I have pulled his ass from the firas of the Abyss only to have his actions piss in mha face... It seems to me I've a propensity to stickin mha neck out for those unworthy to be saved.  Howeva by myself I would not have such moral delimas, I would not need to save those who keep damning my every action.  You tell me sista.... go ahead... give me the wisdoms of the warrior who runs!"
As the knife of Miro's words pierce her to the core, Synovia goes very quiet, as tears gather in her eyes, and says just barely above a whisper, "I have run from battle only when a wizard controlled my thoughts, even when one of these vile creatures tried to rape me I stayed and fought. Yes, I considered running, but I stayed." After a pause, she says "Do what you want." and continues out of the cave.