Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] 7th Sea, Sunday ~15:30 CEST

Hello, We are looking for an additional player or two for our weekly game on Sundays at ~15:30 CEST for ~4-6 hours. We have just started a new campaign in "The 7th Sea", a game that focuses on swashbuckling adventures, heroic heroes and dastardly villains in a world quite similar to 17th century Europe. There will be lots of swinging around on chandeliers, fencing duels on rooftops, jumping on top of departing ships at the last second, chasing shady moustached men through dark nightly streets and all sorts of similar shenanigans. The system is not too rules-heavy, and we play in a fashion that focuses more on storytelling as opposed to long tedious tactical combats. (There are combats, but they tend to be quick and action-heavy instead) A few words about our group: We are the remainder of a group that has been playing regularly online for a few years now, with a few people leaving for various reasons. Currently there are only three germans left in our group, but when we had a more international group we have played in english, and we are willing to go back to that. We tend to play shorter campaigns (2-3 months) and system-hop a lot, and also change who DMs from time to time, depending on who is currently interested in running a campaign and who has the most convincing pitch for his game so that the rest of the group want to play in it. We are usually not too serious while playing (depending on the tone of the campaign of course), and we don't use the roll20 features a lot, we mostly play in our imaginations and use roll20 for rolling and short sketches if something is unclear, skype for voice communication. We are always trying to be open for communication and to fix stuff that is making the game less fun for anyone involved. You are obviously going to start a character that is on par with the rest of the party, and if you give me a few strings and plothooks that relate to your character, i will try my best to incorporate them into the game. We will not just sideline you or use you as someone the other PCs can boss around. The goal is for everyone to have fun, including you. You are a full player in the group equal to anyone else. What we are looking for in a player: - No experience required, either with any system or with roleplaying in general. - Willingness to roleplay and take part in storytelling. - Reliability: Either be there on time or tell us beforehand if you are not. We have a skype group set up, it takes literally 5 seconds to inform the rest of the group so that everyone can play accordingly. This is just a matter of politeness and respect towards the rest of the group. - Some level of maturity: No age limit or anything, and we don't play anything sexually explicit or overly gory, but we are all in our twenties and just want to game and have fun. - A working microphone - We don't care where you are from, but you must be able to speak either English or German and make it to the game on time in most weeks. We can probably shift the game by half an hour or so, but not a lot more. - No rules-lawyers. We play a game where everyones goal is for everyone to have fun, and that involves trust in everyone else too. Including the DM. This is my pledge. I will not randomly fuck you over. - Just don't be an asshole. Respect that everyone else on the internet is a person too. If you are interested, please reply in this topic and/or PM me.
Greetings fair travelers, I am being told to dig this post up from the bottom of the murky sea like we did with some treasure last time we played, so we can hopefully find a couple more compatriots. Step on up to the plate if you think you've got what it takes for some supreme swashbuckling adventures!

Edited 1463997517
Hey, I am a huge 7th Sea fan who hasn't played in a&nbsp;while. I would love to know more information about&nbsp;&nbsp;your campaign. What&nbsp;the party is&nbsp;doing..etc.&nbsp;I&nbsp;will admit, I have a pretty heavy and hectic work schedule so I am somewhat limited in the amount of stuff I can get involved in, but I cant pass up the chance to play or even talk to people who&nbsp;play 7th&nbsp;Sea. If you want, shoot me an email: <a href="mailto:mensiklj@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mensiklj@gmail.com</a> and we might be able to coordinate something. Do you play by the roll and keep system or the d20 system?&nbsp;
We are playing by the roll and keep System. As a huge 7th sea fan you have probably more knowledge on the intricacies of both the system and the world than we do, i just backed the 2nd Ed Kickstarter because it sounded fun and thus got access to the 1st Ed PDFs. We are learning both about the system and the world as we go along, but this might also lead to us not playing a hundred percent in the official world. (We prefer to go on playing as opposed to breaking the action by looking stuff up, and than later on figure out who that fits into the world). The characters are: A Montaigne Noble who is currently working in an awkward spot as an ambassador (and obviously spy) in Castille. We were under the assumption that even during a war, nations try to keep some diplomatic channels open, and thus this might be a reasonable thing that happens. An Exile - Ussurian Viktor Toporov (Not by choice) mercenary who fought in the war of the cross in Eisen (apparently some things happened there) who is trying to figure out a way to be able to return home. He is currently working as said nobles bodyguard, but we are in the process of figuring out a way to make his story a bit more involved than just following along with what Monsieur de Rochechouart does. Very short recap of the story so far: In our first two sessions, Mr. de Rochechouarts spying got him involved with some shady people, they hired some pirates to intercept an object which they assumed was of interest to a man they assumed was a political enemy of theirs, fought other pirates on board of a small merchant vessel to take ownership of said object, got home and reported back to the shady people and turned some of the poison (the object was apparently poison) over to him. A bit later, they found at least two different factions of guys duelling in Mr. de Rochechouarts chambers, trying to steal the remainder of the poison. They slowly figured out that there was apparently a plot going on to murder Good King Sandoval, they were of course implicated in this plot, but in the end they managed to save the kings life in a last ditch fight in the throne room. This fight of course involved a lot of poison vials flying through the air, secret trapdoors and explosions. Simultaneously, Viktor met some people involved in the reason that he is not able to return to Ussuria, namely his ex-betrothed, the daughter of an Ussurian Boyar who is apparently not entirely mentally stable, and there were some shenanigans with sending a gigolo after her.
I didn't know they were making a 2nd edition. That should be exciting. I used to play the 1st edition, but don't let that intimidate you or anything. I am not about to tell you how to play 7th Sea. It is a great&nbsp;system and a great setting. We&nbsp;fudged&nbsp;some of the rules and setting information when we played, so I wont be a&nbsp;snob about it.&nbsp;It would just be nice to see the game catch on, because it really is a lot of fun.
I have sent you my skype contact information to your email address above. If you would still like to play with us, please contact me there so i can get you into our skype group.
I love 7th Sea if there is still a slot open, I'd love to join
Do you still have room for another player? I'd love to dive into 7th sea system/lore. Your group sounds fun. :)
Hey there, I love the world and what I've read here. And this time works well, not sure if you have room or not but I am very interested in joining.
I could also play in this if there is room. Just PM me some contact info